What's new

Last night I dropped my iPhone 4 down the toilet...

Roy_Drage

Reaction score
Was in a toilet in this bar. Lent forward and my iPhone slid right out of my shirt pocket and down the toilet.

Went right under the water.

Pulled it out and gave it a shake. Still working 100%.

But I wouldn't recommend dropping your iPhones down a toilet...

Wtf? Like 100% under wanter? Not like it really mattered but did you have a case of any sort? STILL works 100%. Thats crazy. I wonder if anyone has done a submersion test on those things like the drop tests etc.

Yes completely under the water. I did get my hand down there and pull it out in like half a second but it was fully under the water. Yes the phone is still working absolutely fine.

And no I don't have any case.

hmmm... personally, I don't plan to conduct any submersion tests... trusting that the commode was free of "contaminants" at the time of splash down? ;-) Hoping the phone continues to work flawlessly and... cheers!

hmmm... personally, I don't plan to conduct any submersion tests... trusting that the commode was free of "contaminants" at the time of splash down? ;-) Hoping the phone continues to work flawlessly and... cheers!

Lol yeah considering it was the blokes toilet in a pub on a Friday night I was remarkably lucky that the toilet was in fact rather clean. It could of been much much worse!

My wife washed hers through a full cycle in the washing machine (was in her jeans pocket). Initially didn't work, let it dry for a couple of weeks. Now it works. Go figure.

That's why I got the apple protection plan... I'm a klutz... And for $69 for 2 years....

7c58cff0.jpg

841b4a03.jpg

Dropped mine from 20ft up a latter at work two days ago :(.don't recommendd it.

That's why I got the apple protection plan... I'm a klutz... And for $69 for 2 years....

I don't know the difference between the apple plan you got and the 1yr warranty that comes with the phone but when I was offered that 2yr plan I told them for $69 witch isn't bad, it actually is for 1yr cause the first yr is warranty that comes with the phone and money is only for the second yr. So I told them you shouldn't be telling people it's 2 when it should be for 1yr after the warranty expires. Got a look and no comment from the apple employee. LOL

Last edited:

I don't know the difference between the apple plan you got and the 1yr warranty that comes with the phone but when I was offered that 2yr plan I told them for $69 witch isn't bad, it actually is for 1yr cause the first yr is warranty that comes with the phone and money is only for the second yr. So I told them you shouldn't be telling people it's 2 when it should be for 1yr after the warranty expires. Got a look and no comment from the apple employee. LOL

AppleCare for $69 also offers two years of Genius bar and phone support, from what I understand, whereas the standard is 90 days. I think that's the main difference, but I agree with you... they explain it like you're buying a two-year hardware warranty, when you're really just extending it by another year - good point!

People, people! Stop dropping your phones in water and from heights!! Please, your freaking me out!