What's new

Large video file on my iphone 6 plus doesn't show up in Windows Explorer

mntlblok

Reaction score
Large video file on my iphone 6 plus doesn't show up in Windows Explorer. A similar, smaller one taken the day before does show up.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, mntlblok!

Which software is installed on your PC? If it's Windows XP: it might not be able to import videos larger than 500MB without iTunes installed, a third-party program, or updated drivers.

Thanks so much for the response. My geek (the little wifey) found a thread somewhere about the third party software, so I downloaded one of them. Not sure why I didn't even have iTunes on the laptop, though. Once I had the new software (Copytrans?) installed, I was then (after rebooting), able to see that file in Windows File Explorer. I didn't, however, use the new software to find it. It was merely that the next time I opened File Explorer I was able to see and transfer that file. Weird. Oh, and I have Windows 8 - for at least a few more days, I here. Supposedly there'll be some Windows 10 magically appearing soon. :) Thanks, again!

Thanks so much for the response. My geek (the little wifey) found a thread somewhere about the third party software, so I downloaded one of them. Not sure why I didn't even have iTunes on the laptop, though. Once I had the new software (Copytrans?) installed, I was then (after rebooting), able to see that file in Windows File Explorer. I didn't, however, use the new software to find it. It was merely that the next time I opened File Explorer I was able to see and transfer that file. Weird. Oh, and I have Windows 8 - for at least a few more days, I here. Supposedly there'll be some Windows 10 magically appearing soon. :) Thanks, again!
Dang. "Hear", not "here". . .