What's new

KGI: Gen 1 iPhone X Will be Discontinued This Year When Gen 2 Launches

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
KGI says Apple will discontinue first gen iPhone X this year.JPG

According to well-respected KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi Kuo, Apple is set to discontinue the first-generation iPhone X when the second-generation model is released this year, rather than keep it around at a lower price than its current $999.

Kuo says that he believes Apple will discontinue the current iPhone X because keeping it around at a lower price could cannibalise sales of the forthcoming 6.1-inch iPhone with Face ID and LCD display that Apple is expected to launch later this year, and which is expected to cost around $650-$750.

Meanwhile, in another note to investors issued by Kuo today, he said that the iPhone X can already be consider a “strategic success” for Apple, because its Face ID and TrueDepth camera technology gave it an advantage over its competitors, placing it approximately 2 years ahead of the rest of the pack. Kuo adds that many of Apple’s rivals will try to come up with similar technology, but Apple is so far ahead that they will struggle to do so.

“We believe the iPhone X has established a long-term edge for Apple,” said Kuo. He added that this year’s Gen 2 iPhone X will more than make up for any “shortfalls” with the Gen 1 iPhone X, with the first phone being a revolutionary step forward for the company.

Sources: KGI: Apple to Discontinue iPhone X Rather Than Sell at Lower Price When Second-Generation Model Launches

iPhone X seen as 'strategic success' for Apple as 3D sensing cameras 2 years ahead of competitors

haha, so no matter what your new looking device will cost you ÂŁ1000. Pathetic Apple ! So glad I sold my last iphone and got a google pixel 2 xl. Will never even consider buying from cheating stealers. Poor Steve must be turning in his grave...

haha, so no matter what your new looking device will cost you ÂŁ1000. Pathetic Apple ! So glad I sold my last iphone and got a google pixel 2 xl. Will never even consider buying from cheating stealers. Poor Steve must be turning in his grave...

This was the plan all along. The iPhone X was billed as a "limited edition". The price of the new 2018 5.8" model should remain the same. The new 6.1" model should be priced a good bit less, if rumors of such hold up. A 6.5" model would obviously be more. Not sure where your aggravation comes from.

This was the plan all along. The iPhone X was billed as a "limited edition". The price of the new 2018 5.8" model should remain the same. The new 6.1" model should be priced a good bit less, if rumors of such hold up. A 6.5" model would obviously be more. Not sure where your aggravation comes from.
Hi, my aggravation comes from feeling betrayed by Apple after 7+ years being loyal to the company. They made my iphone unusable to the point when I had to buy a new phone. I didnt fall for the historically most expensive iphone ever.
I have lots of friends who have given up on apple. It is sad, I loved the company and never thought of having other than IOS device.
This latest news about Iphone X is after seen by menas another tri k from the sleeve as how to force people to spend their hard earned cash.

If this happens I suppose the X would be even more exclusive, not that it matters.

Hi, my aggravation comes from feeling betrayed by Apple after 7+ years being loyal to the company. They made my iphone unusable to the point when I had to buy a new phone. I didnt fall for the historically most expensive iphone ever.
I have lots of friends who have given up on apple. It is sad, I loved the company and never thought of having other than IOS device.
This latest news about Iphone X is after seen by menas another tri k from the sleeve as how to force people to spend their hard earned cash.

No one is being forced to spend or buy anything. If you're battery was getting bad, why didn't you buy a new battery, instead of a new phone? You had choices.

No one is being forced to spend or buy anything. If you're battery was getting bad, why didn't you buy a new battery, instead of a new phone? You had choices.
Hi Led, if your phone is so slow, you type in 5 letters and only then they turn up, when your phone dies at 3pm from 7am 100%...this is forcing you to buy a new phone. Battery replacement? Why? The phone slowed down, it wasnt just the battery. So buying a battery wouldnt meke up for the lost speed of IOs 10. And I wanted a new device(Apple), but didnt want to spend 1k. Iphone 8 wasnt seen as an upgrade to me. It looks the same as Iphone 6,6s,7,7s

Hi Led, if your phone is so slow, you type in 5 letters and only then they turn up, when your phone dies at 3pm from 7am 100%...this is forcing you to buy a new phone. Battery replacement? Why? The phone slowed down, it wasnt just the battery. So buying a battery wouldnt meke up for the lost speed of IOs 10. And I wanted a new device(Apple), but didnt want to spend 1k. Iphone 8 wasnt seen as an upgrade to me. It looks the same as Iphone 6,6s,7,7s

I am sure that Apple feel badly they can't make an 8 generation update to the iPhone line this year, especially at $49.99 for the 5 TB, holographic display 2 oz ultra titanium model with the 16 core A63X processor.