What's new

KEF LS50 wireless active speakers

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I once sat in a dealer's listening room with my iPhone plugged into a monstrously expensive multi-channel amplifier, which was attached to a set of KEF R-series speakers. After a couple of hours, I was convinced that despite the $10,000 price tag for the system, I was never going to be satisfied with anything less than KEF. Then I discovered electrostatic speakers and folded motion tweeters and my available cash went a different way.

But I never forgot the tones of those KEF speakers, and have kept half an eye on what the company was doing ever since.

The reason for this post is to show this new offering from the company. The passive version of the LS50 has been around for a while, and plugs into the speaker level output of an amplifier. They sound magnificent by any measure.

But, if you would like to dispense with all of the paraphernalia such as amplifiers etc, this new version could be worth a look. Everything you need is onboard. Plug them into a power outlet and download the iOS app and you are good to go. A full range of wired connections are possible, and they also benefit from dual band wifi.

75530955800cff5aa206.jpg

I don't understand your statements. First you say they plug into the amplifier output, then you say you don't need an amp. Which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I said the original LS50 plugs into an amplifier.

This is a new model with built in amplification.

Got your pm thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk