What's new

Just to alert you all.

We have chip and pin in the uk now so we don’t sign no more and now for payments under £30 we have contactless simper to Apple Pay

Contactless cards can be read with a little gadget, you don't even have to be using them, all they need is to be next to you.
You can get RFID blocking wallets but the more sophisticated readers can get through them.

Contactless cards can be read with a little gadget, you don't even have to be using them, all they need is to be next to you.
You can get RFID blocking wallets but the more sophisticated readers can get through them.

Yeh I seen something about that on the internet but I was told by the bank there is no information that is any use to them on the card how true that is I don’t know I suppose there is a way to hack anything or there will be one day I suppose lol

Yeh I seen something about that on the internet but I was told by the bank there is no information that is any use to them on the card how true that is I don’t know I suppose there is a way to hack anything or there will be one day I suppose lol
When it comes down to it only you can be responsible for the safety of your bank accounts so regardless of what the banks say I can't see the point in taking chances when a simple pin is all that's needed and its safe because it's in your head.
Most banks will let you opt back to a card with pin.
Also the bank is wrong, ask yourself why would they bother to get your card details if they can't then use them? That would be pointless so yes they can use them, you were misinformed.