What's new

Just joined iPhone Forum today & was asked to start a thread here?

paulajain

Reaction score
I am new here and have no idea what I'm doing. I have an iPhone 3GS (without service) which I only use for wifi use for apps, etc. I own an iPhone 4 now for for my regular use—I use it more than my PC. I've been exploring and saw the term (GSM) only. Can someone tell me what this means? I found it while reading about unlocking and jail breaking an iPhone 4 (I also read that I can't do that with my firmware?—I think).

GSM means it takes a sim card ( AT&T , t mobile ) version , sprint would be CDMA

I am new here and have no idea what I'm doing. I have an iPhone 3GS (without service) which I only use for wifi use for apps, etc. I own an iPhone 4 now for for my regular use—I use it more than my PC. I've been exploring and saw the term (GSM) only. Can someone tell me what this means? I found it while reading about unlocking and jail breaking an iPhone 4 (I also read that I can't do that with my firmware?—I think).

Respectfully... if you don't understand the basic functions of the phone, I would highly recommend you NOT consider a jailbreak. I would first learn how to use the phone, how it functions, etc. There is a wealth of info here if you look at this forum! Welcome!

Respectfully... if you don't understand the basic functions of the phone, I would highly recommend you NOT consider a jailbreak. I would first learn how to use the phone, how it functions, etc. There is a wealth of info here if you look at this forum! Welcome!

Well said. I've owned smartphones for years and would never consider JBing. My paranoia :)
And..... I thought you may have been washed away there in the Charlotte area! Will this rain spell EVER end?

After the drought we had in 2007, I promised I'd never complain about the rain ever again, but whew! Would love to have a week off so I can mow my pasture! My horses are loving it though!

Thank you all for your comments. I can tell already that I'm going to love this forum—every time I start reading, I can't put my phone down and end up late for an appointment!