What's new

Just an App Store gripe :(

zstairlessone

Reaction score
So I've run into something that bothers me. I am still on iOS 9.3.5 on my iPhone 5S and tried to go to the Apple Store via the app. I get a message that the app now requires iOS 10 to work. I choose not to upgrade this phone because I am happy with the performance, yet Apple decided to hold me hostage to upgrading if I want the convenience of browsing the Apple Store on this phone. Very Disappointing and this earns a 'Bad Apple' from me.

View attachment 32755

Just getting this off my chest - thanks for understanding and giving me this opportunity. [emoji106][emoji106]

don't have such a problem on my 4s with ios 6.1.3
.jpg

That's strange. The App Store App appears to be normal on my old iPad 2, running IOS 9.3.5.
Maybe because it cannot run a newer IOS.

Last edited:
Exactly, my iPad 3rd generation is the same, works fine.

I have a silly reason for not wanting to upgrade this phone; I don't want to suffer slowdown as I love my old 5S. I keep my 6S Plus updated and will continue to as I love the latest and greatest [emoji106][emoji106]

That's strange. The App Store App appears to be normal on my old iPad 2, running IOS 9.3.5.
Maybe because it cannot run a newer IOS.

Exactly, my iPad 3rd generation is the same, works fine.

I have a silly reason for not wanting to upgrade this phone; I don't want to suffer slowdown as I love my old 5S. I keep my 6S Plus updated and will continue to as I love the latest and greatest [emoji106][emoji106]
Did you both try the Apple Store app, which is completely different from the App Store app? My screenshot was from my iPad 3, which is on iOS 9.3.5.

Did you both try the Apple Store app, which is completely different from the App Store app? My screenshot was from my iPad 3, which is on iOS 9.3.5.
I see what you mean! I have just tried to re-download the Apple Store App from the Apple Store and I get the same result as you show.
Maybe iOS 10 adds an extra layer of security which is needed.

Last edited:
Im on 9.3.3 as well and you cannot access the Apple Store app unless on iOS 10 or better. So what you do is go to Amazon buy almost the same item for half the price and problem is solved. [emoji28]