What's new

Jimmy Iovine Set to Leave His Apple Music Post in August

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Jimmy Iovine to leave Apple in August.JPG

According to a new report from Billboard, former Interscope CEO Jimmy Iovine, who arrived at Apple in 2014, after he and Dr. Dre sold Beats to the company, will be leaving his position at Apple Music in August.

Billboard’s sources say that Iovine’s leaving date is linked to his Apple shares fully vesting. Iovine has been involved with Apple for many years prior to joining the company, having met Steve Jobs and Eddy Cue back in 2003, and having been a big supporter of iTunes and iPod for many years in his former role at Interscope.

Billboard says that Iovine’s prioritising of content, including producing original content, was one of the cornerstones of the success of Apple Music, which now has over 30 million paid subscribers since its June 2015 launch.

As far as Iovine’s future after leaving Apple is concerned, Iovine told Billboard back in September that he wanted to “solve” the “problem” of music streaming. “I’m 64 years old. I have no idea [what I’m doing next]. There’s just a problem here that needs some sort of solution, and I want to contribute to it. Goldman Sachs may think it’s solved, but I don’t. We’re not even close.”

It’s not known yet who might replace Iovine at Apple, who never had an official title at the company.

Source: Jimmy Iovine to Leave Apple Music in August: Sources