What's new

Jailbreaking - Pros + Cons

utseay

Reaction score
To jail break or not to jail break....that tis the question.

A few q's:

1. What are the cons to jailbreaking?
2. Once jailbroken, do you have access to all the apps you'd find in the app store, but for free? Exact same apps?
3. Once jailbroken....can you unjailbreak?
4. Do you lose all the apps you purchased prior to jailbreaking, after you jailbreak?

1- When you jailbreak, you leave the phone a bit vulnerable, depend on what kinda apps or tweaks you installing on the phone. That's the only one con i know about jailbreak.
2- After jailbreak you still have access to everything in the app store, just like before the jailbreak, nothing change. Those free apps in the store remain free, and those paid apps in the store remain paid apps, the jailbreak doesn't affect or change or influence in anyway the app store.
3- You can easily Unjailbreak anytime after jailbreaking your phone, just connect it to iTunes and restore the iOS to factory.
4- You lose nothing of your purchased apps after jailbreaking you iDevice, infact if you've use iTunes on your computer to buy and download your apps, after the jailbreak, just sync your phone to your iTunes and all your purchased apps will be back in the phone, or if you purchase the apps directly from your phone, then login your itunes account in the app store and redownload your purchased apps, once you've purchased them, you can uninstall and install them for free anytime.

Great answer! Thanks.

So....what are the Pro's to jailbreaking?

A friend of mine jailbroke...and he said it's increased his quality of life by nearly 9%. I like that idea.

Great answer! Thanks.

So....what are the Pro's to jailbreaking?

A friend of mine jailbroke...and he said it's increased his quality of life by nearly 9%. I like that idea.
yep, anything that's is not doable with a non jailbreak iphone is doable with a jailborken iphone. the pro are too many and i can't start naming them here, but there are few threads on the forum where i've posted some pro of jailbreaking, perform a quick search on the forum and you will be able to locate that thread with many screenshot for better understanding.