What's new

Jailbreaking Methods for iPhone

Ive only just Jailbroken my iphone 4 for the first time. The tethered part is a bit of a pain, is there a way to "downgrade" the OS on the iphone so I can use the 4.3.3 untethered JB?

Been the first time you Jailbreak I assumed that you don't have your SHSH Blobs save from a previous iOS version, so with that say the answer will be no.

Reference Links for you:

HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella

This one show you a downgrade process even is not for your current iOS version is just about the same.
HOW TO - Downgrade IOS5 Beta Baseband 04.11.08 to 04.10.01

can the iphone 4.3.3 from verizon be jailbroken with the jailbreakme.com method?

EDIT: I might have just figured out that verizon does not have a 4.3.3.. the highest it goes is 4.2.10.. so i should be able to use the 4.2.8 and jailbreak that with the methods here right?

Last edited:
can the iphone 4.3.3 from verizon be jailbroken with the jailbreakme.com method?

EDIT: I might have just figured out that verizon does not have a 4.3.3.. the highest it goes is 4.2.10.. so i should be able to use the 4.2.8 and jailbreak that with the methods here right?

Yes, 4.2.8 and 4.3.3 can BOTH be jailbroken using JailbreakMe and you are correct there is no 4.3.3 firmware for Verizon iPhones. The only firmwares released for Verizon so far are 4.2.6/7/8/9/10

guzmand2 said:

What firmware are you running 4.2.8 or 4.2.10

guzmand2 said:

What firmware are you running 4.2.8 or 4.2.10

4.2.8! its done!! jail broken! Thanks guys!

I have a question... My verizon iphone gives me a message that says a carrier update is available and thatnif i wamt

guzmand2 said:
I have a question... My verizon iphone gives me a message that says a carrier update is available and that if i want to install it.. Will that mess up my jailbreak.. This update wants to happen with out connecting my phone to itunes

My buddy got a brand new Verizon iPhone 4.2.10. I have 4.2.6 with all my blobs saved. I want to know if I email him my 4.2.6 blob (vis ishshit), will he be able to downgrade to that firmware using tiny umbrella?

Bhinton said:
My buddy got a brand new Verizon iPhone 4.2.10. I have 4.2.6 with all my blobs saved. I want to know if I email him my 4.2.6 blob (vis ishshit), will he be able to downgrade to that firmware using tiny umbrella?

No every SHSH blob is unique. Your blobs will only work with your device!