What's new

Jailbreak with a DFU Ipsw (Redsn0w)

Djshadle

Reaction score
Hello,

This my first time ever try to jail break any apple device. I have been messing with my Iphone 3g and my Ipod 3g all day. I'm a complete noob so if i use any words wrong or out of context I apologize as I'm trying to learn the new lingo.

So i'm working on getting my Ipod touch jailbroken first and ill explain what i have done.

I have tried most of the jailbreaking tools but i think that the only one that works with the Ipod 3g running ios 5.1.1 is Redsn0w. Because my Ipod has a broken sleep button i made a DFU out of a firmware 5.1.1 i have for the Ipod. I then went into Itunes and held option while clicking restore to put my Ipod into DFU mode. Once that was done i started up Redsn0w again and went in to advanced options and deselected "move apps" because that seemed to cause problems. I then clicked jailbreak and it started the process. Redsn0w said done and that the rest takes place on the Ipod. The Ipod would scroll through some text and then the load bar with the pineapple comes up and completes and as soon as its done the screen goes blank and it seems to reenter DFU mode. I have no clue what to do next.

Thanks,

A confused novice.

If possible, put the device into recovery mode, then use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode. It might be something from your DFU ipsw.