What's new

JAILBREAK HELP NEEDED ASAP PLEASE!!

Awrang090

Reaction score
Hi so I'm quite paranoid!!! I'm curious if there was a tweek or feature available from cydia that allows a jailbroken iPhone user to view what another user does on his/her jailbroken iPhone; see what messages are sent, call list, contacts etc. I recently had told my brother to jailbreak my iPhone (he also has a jailbroken iPhone) and he said he is able to see everything I do now from his phone. Now I don't know if he is just teasing me and messing with me or if he actually can see exactly what I do on my iPhone from his. Are there any features to do this or not?!!!

It's possible to do so. A particularly tweak does not come to mind at the moment, but if you can install AppInfo from Cydia, then export the list of tweaks installed and paste them here, we can remedy that. Or, if you can open up Cydia, go to Installed, and tap on Recent on the top, then type out the list manually (if you can't manage to use AppInfo), we can resolve it that way as well by looking at the installed packages and seeing which one allows for it.

Alternatively, it might be that your brother is able to SSH tunnel into your device via wifi, in which case, you'd want to change your SSH password. To change your SSH password, install MobileTerminal from Cydia, then run the following commands in order, and press the Return key after every command

su root

alpine

passwd

<insert password that you can remember here that's not alpine>

<re-enter the password that you just entered before>

After all of that, you'd have changed your device's SSH password.

Hi so I'm quite paranoid!!! I'm curious if there was a tweek or feature available from cydia that allows a jailbroken iPhone user to view what another user does on his/her jailbroken iPhone; see what messages are sent, call list, contacts etc. I recently had told my brother to jailbreak my iPhone (he also has a jailbroken iPhone) and he said he is able to see everything I do now from his phone. Now I don't know if he is just teasing me and messing with me or if he actually can see exactly what I do on my iPhone from his. Are there any features to do this or not?!!!
If what he says is true, he may restored his phone from your backup or vice versa. If you share an iTunes account (backup or sync too, I think) this can happen. It essentially clones one phone from the other.(Had this happen once)

Alternatively, he may have added his phone number to your iMessage send/receive list so he can get all of your messages.

Not quite as technical as Willerz2, but a possibility anyway.

Rik

If what he says is true, he may restored his phone from your backup or vice versa. If you share an iTunes account (backup or sync too, I think) this can happen. It essentially clones one phone from the other.(Had this happen once)

Alternatively, he may have added his phone number to your iMessage send/receive list so he can get all of your messages.

Not quite as technical as Willerz2, but a possibility anyway.

Rik

That's a valid argument. Though if I remember correctly, your call logs aren't backed up to the cloud regularly, so he wouldn't be able to retrieve the latest calls that were made. That's with respect to recent logs after the possible backup that was made as you've pointed out, didn't think of that angle.