What's new

Jailbreak for 9.2-9.3.3 Releaed today

The instructions are in English but the actual app is in Chinese, so you follow the instructions without really knowing what you are doing. For example, the web page says press the big green button while the actual button has Chinese writing on it.

Call me a bit skeptical about this jailbreak. It's unlike any other JB in the past. Requiring a developer app account for the jailbreaking process to work. What happens when developer accounts and signing of the app contains a flag or some identifier preventing or ending any future jailbreaking. There seems to be many with problems with stock apps after jailbreaking like location services, messaging, email.

I for one am going to wait and hang tight with 9.0.2 jailbroken for now.

I was just reading about this one on MacRumours (I think). Apparently, it is necessary to input your AppleID and password as part of the JB process. The article's author poses the question "Are you comfortable giving a Chinese hack site your Apple credentials?" He suggests setting up a dummy AppleID if you want to try the JB out. Sounds like good advice to me.

I was just reading about this one on MacRumours (I think). Apparently, it is necessary to input your AppleID and password as part of the JB process. The article's author poses the question "Are you comfortable giving a Chinese hack site your Apple credentials?" He suggests setting up a dummy AppleID if you want to try the JB out. Sounds like good advice to me.
The bit about the required Apple ID and password is in post #25 in the MacRumors thread on the iOS 9.3.3 jailbreak

I've been doing a bit of research into the methods used by the PanGu jailbreak team to distribute this jailbreak and it turns out that this jailbreak is different from any previous jailbreak methods in that they're using stolen or fraudulently obtained enterprise app distribution certificates to side load the jailbreak app onto the device to be jailbroken. This is why the jailbreak requires an Apple ID and password to install the provisioning certificate onto your device, thereby allowing the jailbreak app to be side loaded onto the device.

When Apple discovers such fraudulent use of an enterprise app distribution certificate, they revoke it and any apps side loaded to a device with that certificate will no longer work, meaning you'd lose the jailbreak.

Last edited:
I learned never to jump the gun when new firmware / hack comes out. Waiting for others to beta test it before I apply it to my equipment. I think I may stick with iOS 9.0.2 with solid jailbreak for now.....

I've been on the new JB since it came out. Most stable JB since iOS6 days.. Everything so zippy - only minor hit to battery - which is common to all jailbreaks. I'll admit the JB method - this semi-tethered method is a little weird compared to other JBs - the result is just amazing.. Those of us who JB early with the Beijing certificate - which lasts 1 year - shouldn't have any problems on Monday.. Those with the 7 day cert - we'll find out Monday - what all that means.. :)

Those of us who JB early with the Beijing certificate - which lasts 1 year - shouldn't have any problems on Monday.. Those with the 7 day cert - we'll find out Monday - what all that means.. :)

Can you explain that please.

Can you explain that please.
This 9.3.3 JB is dependent upon a 3rd party developer cert being trusted. Just go to en.pangu.io's website to see the actually JB process that Jay Saurik (creator of Cydia) designed to facilitate it. It is a semi-tethered JB meaning that each time you reboot you'll need to reJB... though the process is actually just 15 seconds and doesn't require a computer.

The initial developer cert you needed to trust in the initial JB process, either from Saurik's tool or from direct Mobile Safari downloads onto your phone - had a 1 year period - before it would die and your phone would automatically distrust that cert and you'd need to remove it and start the JB from scratch by removing the cert from Settings/General/Developer. Apple has come in and mucked up the works, as excepted, and revoked a lot of those early certs. So we've been left with Saurik's newest tool where he uses a 7 day cert based on your AppleID. These 7 day certs will expire, well..., in 7 days from when 1st trusted on your phone.. So on Monday - or Tuesday or whenever 7 days lapses.. You'll have to remove the cert from your phone and reJB... And every 7 days after.

NOW.. There's a new Beijing 1 year cert.. that you can replace the 7 day one with... Just do a little googling... and you'll find out how to do it. I'll see if I can find link and post here..

Of course, whenever Apple discovers the use these certificates are being put to they'll revoke the certificates meaning you'll have to re-jailbreak from the beginning.

Of course, whenever Apple discovers the use these certificates are being put to they'll revoke the certificates meaning you'll have to re-jailbreak from the beginning.
Not quite.. You're a little confused. If they truly revoke it - not even a reJB would get you reJB again.. It only TIMES out every 7 days or every year.. This isn't Apple shutting down anything.. It's just a timeout that will require a reJB. If Apple revoked it - it would be dead forever.

The new 1 year Beijing cert is bullet proof from Apple. So find that one - and you're good to go. Let me find it again.

Not quite.. You're a little confused. If they truly revoke it - not even a reJB would get you reJB again.. It only TIMES out every 7 days or every year.. This isn't Apple shutting down anything.. It's just a timeout that will require a reJB. If Apple revoked it - it would be dead forever.

The new 1 year Beijing cert is bullet proof from Apple. So find that one - and you're good to go. Let me find it again.
That 1 year certificate was revoked by Apple a short time ago and even if you follow the instructions to force it onto your device anyway, there's no way of knowing at this time how long it will work.

Apple can also revoke developer accounts that are discovered to be used to facilitate the jailbreak.