What's new

Jailbreak 7.1

Hi all just Jailbreak the phone and it has rebooted -The following apps have disappeared.

After it completed ran the cydia app and thee icons disappeared ?

Text message app.
Safari app.
App store.
iTunes app.
Compass app.
Cydia app aswell ?

Phone was done as new phone running 7.0.4.

What to do ?

I was going to run jailbreak again but it says not recommended ?

Please help :-( What do you recommend ?

Ps Tried rebooting on numerous occasions but nothing comes back :-(

Last edited:
Do I have to restore and update via iTunes taking me to 7.1 meaning I cannot untethered jailbreak or is there a way to fix the above ? Right now I am gutted :-(

I was told by the guy who bought it he actually set up iTunes account and done it in his office on computer also if its ota updated dosent it just hang on apple boot logo ?

Is there no fix for this at all please ?

Im not so sure this is an OTA fault, can you link me to this please ?

You're fussing over the fact that the device has issues with the jailbreak and demand that you stay on an untethered jailbreakable version of iOS on the device. If the device has an issue, you have to restore it because it's not always a "respring" or "hard reset" issue, it's the fact that the device itself is not working properly because of human error and the lack of precautionary steps prior to buying the device by buying the device after the 7.0.6 signing window was closed rather than before it was closed. At this point, you either restore to iOS 7.1, and tethered jailbreak it using GeekSn0w because your core files are corrupted, or use it as it is now in a broken state where you're missing half of your stock applications and using spotlight for the rest.

Cheers Willlerz think ill restore it then will this deffo bring back all the and get rid of JB completley ?
Gutted but tbanks for your help and im not demanding just curious as I had read to do JB again but not complete it to get apps back thats all. :-@

The issue with disappearing apps was resolved with an earlier version of Evasi0n7. The only issue that still remains is the Cydia sourcing that would result in /usr/bin/dpkg errors.

Hi Willerz I have restored my iphone 7.1 thank you for your guidance.

If were to use Geeksnow does this also mean everytime I installed something via cydia that needed a reboot that I would need a PC ?

Last edited:
Oh just read on google that 7.1 has been untehered on iphone 4 by @winocm ?

Is this for real ?

Is it available ?

Yes you would need a PC. There are only a handful of packages that requires a reboot, all others require resprings or not at all.

@winocm only posted a video of it. It won't be released because it's more than likely utilizing @ih8sn0w's iboot exploit which won't be made public until the last possible moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Cheers Willerz :) Will leave it on 7.1 stock IOS then for now :-(