What's new

jail break iphone 4s 5.1

amran.mahmood

Reaction score
is there any latest news for jailbreaking iphone 4s with ios 5.1 and modem firmwire is 2.0.10

Not yet. Something should be announced very soon! Hang in there lol.

Ok I am about to update to 5.1.1 is there anything I should do before upgrading? I don't have to back up anything coz phone is brand new... So I should just connect it to my iTunes and hit upgrade?

phynn said:
Ok I am about to update to 5.1.1 is there anything I should do before upgrading? I don't have to back up anything coz phone is brand new... So I should just connect it to my iTunes and hit upgrade?

Yea. Good. Don't even restore from a backup. Just choose "setup as new".

After the restore is done...and you setup your phone so your at the home screen..and phone is activated (says your carriers name in the status bar)...then

Open Absinthe and jailbreak.

Do NOT "Erase All Content and Settings". That is not needed after a fresh restore.

Last edited:

One thing you should do is download the 5.1.1 firmware in case it goes haywire. Just as a saftey precaution, plug your phone into iTunes and right click, and 'backup'.

Then download absinthe 2.0.4 and you're good to go.

i had done jailbreak also....1st i updated my iphone 4s with ios 5.1.1 and then jailbreak sucessfully.

Glad it worked out for you.

Now all you have to do is make sure to check and see what tweaks you may want to install are compatible with iOS 5.1.1. Basically all the new tweaks are. YouTube and Google are your good friends now. ;)

Iv successfully upgraded to 5.1.1 thank you guys. :)
Now another question before I jailbreak, my wifi has a problem it's been off for few days, so do I have to use wifi or I can use prepaid connection to jailbreak? (same connection I upgraded to 5.1.1)

phynn said:
Iv successfully upgraded to 5.1.1 thank you guys. :)
Now another question before I jailbreak, my wifi has a problem it's been off for few days, so do I have to use wifi or I can use prepaid connection to jailbreak? (same connection I upgraded to 5.1.1)

What are you talking about?

No Internet connection is needed to jailbreak.

All you need is Absinthe on your computer from here greenpois0n.com/.

You will need an Internet connection to load Cydia's sources after the second time you open Cydia.

It is best that you use wifi to install tweaks from Cydia. You can easily use way too much data by instating packages over 3G Internet.

But just to jailbreak itself, not Internet is needed. You'll need to have Absinthe, so you'll need wifi on your computer (or if you can tether phone to computer) so that you can download Absinthe.lol.

But the jailbreak process is just the click of a button.

Save Absinthe to desktop.
Open it.
Wait for files to be extracted.
A new Absinthe folder will then be on desktop.
Open the extracted Absinthe folder
Click on "Absinthe.exe"
Plug in iPhone
Click "Jailbreak"
Wait til Absinthe literally tells you it's okay to open Cydia. (DO NOT touch your device until Absinthe gives you a success message)

And for the love of god, DO NOT use the "Erase All Content and Settings" options. Trust me. Don't do that.

It's best to jailbreak directly after restore and setup. Meaning as soon as you get passed the initial setup screen on the phone, and you can access the SpringBoard(home screen), don't do anything. Just wait for your carriers name to show in the status bar, the jailbreak.

After jailbreak, then go back to iTunes and sync music, apps, tones, etc.

It is best to restore and setup as new device before jailbreaking...NOT from backup. *Especially* a backup from jailbroken iOS.

I have locked iphone 4s which i use with x sim... can i update it from 5.1 to 5.1.1 and still use it with x sim ?