What's new

iTunes Store; Trouble Connecting With ?

Bob11

Reaction score
Hello,

Have an Apple ID and Password, that I'm pretty sure is correct.

However, whenever I try to download any (free) APPS, it says that the store is unavailable, and/or it asks me, again, to enter them.

What might I be doing wrong, as usual ?

Is not being able to connect perhaps just a time of day problem ?
What can I try ?

BTW: new at this. Is the iTunes Store actually where I want to go to get APPS ?

Thanks,
Bob

If you want to get apps, you'll have to go to the App Store. The iTunes Store is for music, movies, ringtones, ...

Try force closing the app, then opening again.To force close, double tap the Home button to show the app switcher, then slide the iTunes Store picture below the app icon towards the top of the screen.

Make sure your Apple ID is visible in iTunes Store - Music. If it isn't, sign in.

It's also possible that your internet connection isn't working correctly, or you have a slow connection.

Hello,

Have an Apple ID and Password, that I'm pretty sure is correct.

However, whenever I try to download any (free) APPS, it says that the store is unavailable, and/or it asks me, again, to enter them.

What might I be doing wrong, as usual ?

Is not being able to connect perhaps just a time of day problem ?
What can I try ?

BTW: new at this. Is the iTunes Store actually where I want to go to get APPS ?

Thanks,
Bob
For the last couple hours there has been a problem with users being unable to connect to iTunes. This may explain your problem. For myself, I was unable to update any of my apps that had a pending update.
image.jpeg

Earlier today the App Store was misbehaving. Apple didn't show this as an issue even though they showed an issue with the iTunes Store. But it seems to be working fine now.