What's new

iTunes safe browsing error

ifrank

Reaction score
ITunes Error Message.jpg

I get a Google safe browsing error every time I open iTunes on my PC.

Running Windows 10
Directly connected to my router via Ethernet.

Beyond me, but why is iTunes going through Google???

Google chrome is not installed.

It may be that you have some kind of malware on your PC. This is what I have been able to find out.
."Google’s Safe Browsing technology examines billions of URLs per day looking for unsafe websites. Every day, we discover thousands of new unsafe sites, many of which are legitimate websites that have been compromised. When we detect unsafe sites, we show warnings on Google Search and in web browsers. You can search to see whether a website is currently dangerous to visit." (On Google Tansparency Report page).

I run a Malware Byte check periodically. It might be worth a try. It's available for both Macs and Microsoft computers.

Last edited:
I have Norton security suite running.

Norton have a helpline. It may be worth getting in touch with them.

Found this on an Apple Community site after doing a Google search

This database, provided by Google, is used by mobile Safari to check for known malicious web sites. To check if this is activated on your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari, then look for the Fraud Warning slider. If it’s not set to “On,” do so; it’s a good way to protect your device and yourself from known malicious websites

And further down in the response this:

Mar 4, 2017 3:42 PM in response to MozartFX

Try turning off your network before you sync if the message is causing the sync to fail. Turn it back on when the sync is complete. I found a post on the web earlier this week that Apple has acknowledged this is an issue in version 12.5.5.5, but take that with a grain of salt.

Fraud warning was turned on on all my iOS devices.

Synch does not fail. I do not get the message when I synch. It comes up whenever I start iTunes. I click ok and everything works fine.

I have tried uninstalling iTunes and then reinstalling. But I still get the message.