What's new

Itunes error (-5000)

jwerner15

Reaction score
I am trying to update my iPhone to iOS 5 but after it backs up my phone it say error (-5000) and says if I continue I will lose everything on my phone. Anyone know why it does this?

The servers are severely overloaded at present.

Oo ok I saw a big thread about error 3200 but no this one. It says I can continue but I will lose all my phones contents. If I do continue wouldnt all my contents be in the backup or would it be gone for good.

Your data was backed up before anything happened. So you should be safe.

Iam getting error 1611..Its realy realy annoying,does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do.

Well after restarting my computer again it worked perfectly. Your best bet is probably to just keep trying.

Well after restarting my computer again it worked perfectly. Your best bet is probably to just keep trying.

Thanks jwerner15, I have just done that and the upgrade went on smoothly, but it is a lengthy one. The iOS5 is so cool, Thank you Apple.

It took me at least 20 times to get iOS5 on my iPhone. At one point during the recovery mode it come up and with an 1611 and basically bricked my iPhone. Ended up restoring it and it put iOS5 on for me that way and everything is working great now.

I am trying to update my iPhone to iOS 5 but after it backs up my phone it say error (-5000) and says if I continue I will lose everything on my phone. Anyone know why it does this?

Temporarily disable your antivirus software. I had the same issue trying to install iOS 5 until I read some other posts. It worked for me, and I use Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7. I tried installing iOS 5 three times and got the error (-5000), then disabled Microsoft Security Essentials realtime protection, then it upgraded to iOS 5 just fine. Be sure to re-enable realtime protection after your iPhone/iPod/iPad update.

Temporarily disable your antivirus software. I had the same issue trying to install iOS 5 until I read some other posts. It worked for me, and I use Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7. I tried installing iOS 5 three times and got the error (-5000), then disabled Microsoft Security Essentials realtime protection, then it upgraded to iOS 5 just fine. Be sure to re-enable realtime protection after your iPhone/iPod/iPad update.

This worked for me too! Thanks!

The solution posted by bargz is interesting and useful. But to backup and save the iPhone content of yours you should get updated all the with the help of a tool. which is really helpful and trusted,,, iPhone backup SMS.

Hi am not yet face this kind of issue dude. Better turnoff your antivirus and try...