What's new

Itunes error 1669 for Ios 7

godofhades

Reaction score
Anyone from Hawaii successfully updated their Iphone 5 to Ios 7? I tried updating numerous times but kept running into error 1669. Any insights would be appreciated.

Anyone from Hawaii successfully updated their Iphone 5 to Ios 7? I tried updating numerous times but kept running into error 1669. Any insights would be appreciated.

iOS 7 requires iTunes 11.1 in order to restore, backup and sync. Try updating to iTunes 11.1 & check how it works....

If you come across any error while updating, restore the iOS 7 ipsw in DFU Mode.

I verified that I have the latest version of iTunes. I tried updating to Ios 7 via just connecting to iTunes, dfu mode and connect to iTunes, df mode and install ios 7 files download via a reputable site, and nothing seems to work. I'm now stuck in the "connect to iTunes" screen. My phone is practically useless right now.

1669 is an iTunes + server based issue. You can attempt to re-install iOS 6 then a fresh upgrade to iOS 7. Or give iOS 7 a few more tries.

I read it somewhere that error 1669 is cause by water damage. Good know that's not case.
Thanks a bunch

I must have tried to restore it like 30+ times to no avail. Itune restore 2/3 of the way and then the error 1669 shows up. From what I read, this seems to be a new error that Apple just found out. Anyone else have any insights on how I am able to fix this issue so I could use my Iphone 5 again?

There are no known solutions to this issue. The water damage theory may or may not be the case.

I must have tried to restore it like 30+ times to no avail. Itune restore 2/3 of the way and then the error 1669 shows up. From what I read, this seems to be a new error that Apple just found out. Anyone else have any insights on how I am able to fix this issue so I could use my Iphone 5 again?

Do you know what is some of the potential issue with this error?

I am facing the same issue and guess it is related to modem firmware which is a hardware issue.

Error 1669 is relatively a new issue, even the apple support staff are not aware of it.

A user noticed a tiny red dot on the screen. Did you noticed any red dots on the screen?

I really think that this is a water damage issue. Apparently once the upgrade determines that there is an issue with the chip it sends into recovery mode forever...

Did you have water damage on your iPhone prior to the upgrade?

Delete the iOS 6 IPSW as you won't be able to use it again.

Uninstall iTunes 11.1 and all of its cache (make sure you remove the cache). Restart your PC if prompted to. Then reinstall a copy of iTunes 11.0.5 from the direct links below. If you have any libraries or locally cached data that you want to keep, temporarily store them somewhere until you get the situation fixed

Mac OSX: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/iT...unes11.0.5.dmg

Windows 32 Bit: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/iT...TunesSetup.exe

Windows 64 Bit: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/iT...nes64Setup.exe