What's new

Issues with Ios7

boblinfoto

Reaction score
I downloaded the new operating system expecting it to be SOOOOOO much better than what I had. NOT! The type on the keyboard is skinnier and more difficult to read and not adjustable. Before with Ios6, when I wanted to delete email, I could just sweep it away. No more. You have to Edit first, highlight what you want to delete, and then delete it. The time on the lock screen is cut in half by the picture I have on the screen and hard to read. It,too, is skinnier and not adjustable. The icons at the bottom when opening a page on Safari has new icons which are not recognizable are confusing. If anything the little things took a big step BACKWARD instead of being better. If you know how to correct the "skinny" in this operating system, I hope you tell me. I'm noy happy.

I mistakenly downloaded it last night, and so far I can only say I HATE IT!! If I could revert back to the old O/S I'd do it in a heartbeat!

I downloaded the new operating system expecting it to be SOOOOOO much better than what I had. NOT! The type on the keyboard is skinnier and more difficult to read and not adjustable. Before with Ios6, when I wanted to delete email, I could just sweep it away. No more. You have to Edit first, highlight what you want to delete, and then delete it. The time on the lock screen is cut in half by the picture I have on the screen and hard to read. It,too, is skinnier and not adjustable. The icons at the bottom when opening a page on Safari has new icons which are not recognizable are confusing. If anything the little things took a big step BACKWARD instead of being better. If you know how to correct the "skinny" in this operating system, I hope you tell me. I'm noy happy.

Couldn't have said it better. Where is the "Wow" factor? What was the hype about? I just don't get it...

The "Wow" factor is there in all it's glory. "Wow, this looks like crap and runs terrible. And Wow, my battery is draining faster than I've ever seen before. Oh wow, my phone locked up...again!"

If you really have a complaint about iOS 7's look, please direct your comments to Jonathan Ive at Apple. Sadly he never asked one simple question while doing the redesign.

"Why would people want it to look this way?"

Because he was trained under Jobs, he didn't bother to ask that question. He just did what he wanted and sadly you installed it without actually researching what you were downloading. Mainly because that is how Apple users operate. The blindly follow and buy what Apple tells them to.

Skull, from what I have seen & read about iOS 7 so far, I won't be upgrading my phone or iPad. What a shame, the new iOS. Hopefully iOS 8 will be a pleasant surprise. Maybe we'll see next fall. :/

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happen to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Just applied IOS 7 and that was a mistake! All of my icons from apps that I have downloaded or bought are no longer showing!! Where are they and how do I get them back on the desktop screen?
Any help will be appreciated!!
Jim

EDIT = Just found out how to get them back. They are loading as I write this.

Last edited:
For my part, I think this upgrade is an improvement to the core OS. I have not noticed anything glaringly wrong/bothersome yet, though it has only been a day. Battery life maybe... I am not without misgivings for Apple as a company, mainly due to the fact that I can't stand having to pay 100 bucks for 16 extra gb of storage, buy crappy proprietary cables etc.., but so far, I am finding myself enjoying this OS. I just wish I did not have to give up my jailbreak to uninstall it. I agree, that they should have given folks some more choice around GUI look and feel. I am not a fan of all white screen with text.. It does not come off as elegant. I do like the way my phone zips around from function to function though.

For my part, I think this upgrade is an improvement to the core OS. I have not noticed anything glaringly wrong/bothersome yet, though it has only been a day. Battery life maybe... I am not without misgivings for Apple as a company, mainly due to the fact that I can't stand having to pay 100 bucks for 16 extra gb of storage, buy crappy proprietary cables etc.., but so far, I am finding myself enjoying this OS. I just wish I did not have to give up my jailbreak to uninstall it. I agree, that they should have given folks some more choice around GUI look and feel. I am not a fan of all white screen with text.. It does not come off as elegant. I do like the way my phone zips around from function to function though.

I found it interesting to read the posts from those who dislike iOS 7 so much. Not that I had a problem with the way things used to work/look, but there are some nice features in 7 and it won't take me long to get used to the differences. What really had me concerned was that I still use an iPhone 4, and I had worries that 7 would not run well on it. So far that hasn't been an issue, and for my uses the battery drain is not an issue either - no discernible difference. I know that there are a wide variety of users with different phones and different uses and needs, but for me it works. I think I'll squeeze another year out of my iPhone 4 and hope that I like the iPhone 6 when it comes out.

The emails you can "sweep away" by swiping the opposite direction than before. Swipe to the left...trash
Thanks for that. I was wondering the same thing. Really didn't like the idea of having to go into Edit to delete. Little details to get used to.

I think the new screen color is plain Jane, the old colors were much better. The light color makes it harder to read. Example compare old Calender to New Calender.

Also I entered a passcode when asked for it for thought it was the passcode to lock "Find my iPhone"! That step is not clear. Now have to enter passcode every time to open phone. I do like that "Find my Phone" can't be turned off if the phone is stolen.

Also see from test that battery life will be even shorter.

I'm sure there is many other great improvements but went backwards on colors.