What's new

Is there a way to get free music on iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonjr36

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm going to buy the iphone 7 when it comes out next month I was wondering if anyone knows how to get free music on it? I have a galaxy s7 right now and it's easy to get music on it. But not so sure about the iphone. I have a buddy that has an iPhone 6s and has a app called trending but it's been taken off the apple store. Does anyone know how to get it? Or another app that works? Thanks guys.

If you're talking about a way to get paid music onto an iPhone without paying for it, that would be a form of piracy and theft. That's why that app you mentioned was removed from the App Store. There are no legal ways to obtain copyright music for free. You won't find an app in the App Store that facilitates music piracy.

There are a number of free and paid music streaming services available such as Pandora and Spotify but their terms of service prohibit downloading or copying the music unless you have a paid subscription and the downloaded music becomes inaccessible if your subscription expires.

If you have a music collection on CDs you can rip them and transfer the contents to iTunes and transfer the music to your iPhone by syncing it to iTunes on your computer or through syncing to your iTunes library through iCloud.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm use to android. Where you can just go and download an app like frostwire and download songs. Not really that big of a deal. I'm not selling it or anything just listening to them. Like you would on youtube.

You won't find an app like FrostWire in the App Store. Apps like this are in conflict with the terms of the App Store. Apple rejects P2P apps, especially file sharing based ones.
That's why they have been removed from the App Store, or rejected: using them to get music for free is theft. So if you're just trying to get apps like the ones you've mentioned, you won't get any help on iPhoneForums.

Yeah I'm use to android. Where you can just go and download an app like frostwire and download songs. Not really that big of a deal. I'm not selling it or anything just listening to them. Like you would on youtube.
While is may be easy to copy and download songs on an Android device, it's still not legal. Neither is it legal to download music or videos on YouTube unless the person who put the content on YouTube expressly allows it. It doesn't matter if you don't want to sell or pass along the music and just want to listen to it.

Ok well can you guys tell me if I can download apps that are not on the appstore? Not illegal ones just not from the app store?

Also if it's illegal, then why can you do it on and Android and not an iPhone, after all there's more androids in the world, then iphones.

Also if it's illegal, then why can you do it on and Android and not an iPhone, after all there's more androids in the world, then iphones.
The reason you can do it on Android so easily is because Android does not check or verify apps like Apple does before they're place in Google Play. In addition, iOS is a far more secure operating system and Apple does its best to ensure that apps which violate its policies or compromise the security of iOS are not allowed in the App Store.

No matter how you phrase your posts, we're not going to help you with any methods that can be used to install pirated music on your iPhone.

What I don't understand is why I can watch youtube videos without paying but can't download them so I don't have to burn my data up. If I had unlimited it wouldn't matter to me I would just use youtube. But I dont.

What I don't understand is why I can watch youtube videos without paying but can't download them so I don't have to burn my data up. If I had unlimited it wouldn't matter to me I would just use youtube. But I dont.
You can't download most YouTube videos because the YouTube terms of service do not allow it as well as it being a copyright violation as the owner of the video has only licenced the streaming rights, not the download rights.

No matter how many times you ask, we're not going to help you find a way to download copyright and/or paid content for free. This forum does not condone or facilitate piracy in any form whatsoever.

Finally, this thread has run its course and is now closed to further replies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.