What's new

Is the iPhone X Worth the Extra Cost?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone-x.jpg

Earlier today, Apple took to the Steve Jobs Theater to announce their latest slew of products that are about to have most of the world f*****g up some commas at their nearest Apple store Town Square. At first, heads were excited to hear about Apple's latest smartphone, the iPhone 8, which starts at $699 ($799 for the 8 Plus). Sadly, once the talk of new cameras and Augmented Reality were done, Tim Cook announced the $999 iPhone X, which ditched the Home button, added Face ID, and has a high-power camera (as well as a bigger battery).

Continue Reading @ Complex

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to me. But my iPhone 7 is only 9 months old.

It has some nice features but I'll wait another year before I replace the one I have and buy the X for $100 less when they release the XS....:)

But.......I do like the facial recognition, the 4K TV and the new watch.

It's definitely worth more. Sales figures will tell if the higher price is too high.

What's with the bad language on here, if you don't like the way the Apple is being allowed to develop the buildings write to the relevant Councils or get up a demonstration and protest.

I believe that there are like minded people on tapatalk in forums that you could join.
I don't agree with what l briefly saw last night but, the future is coming, sad to say.

Swear words are really not acceptable on these forums.
Earlier today, Apple took to the Steve Jobs Theater to announce their latest slew of products that are about to have most of the world f*****g up some commas at their nearest Apple store Town Square. At first, heads were excited to hear about Apple's latest smartphone, the iPhone 8, which starts at $699 ($799 for the 8 Plus). Sadly, once the talk of new cameras and Augmented Reality were done, Tim Cook announced the $999 iPhone X, which ditched the Home button, added Face ID, and has a high-power camera (as well as a bigger battery).

Continue Reading @ Complex

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking spell check wrecked the initial post.. As for the price it's a bump for sure... And I think plenty people will be fine with the lower priced phones... You figure Apple has to price in a way to make it attractive both ways... Really no phone should cost so much... Lol but we keep buying them... One thing you know you getting a masterpiece device build IMO

I think it's all relative, how much a floppy disk cost back then, and then the little baby disks with the metal shutter. Now you buy a 32gb thing to slot into the side of the PC, what's it cost? Next to nothing.

The iPhone price will come down, just depends on how long you're prepared to wait.

Just my Tuppence worth.

I personally think it is and I've noticed that the mention of a Stainless Steel body vs an Aluminum body has been forgotten. Stainless Steel looks and feels better not to mention more durable.
IMG_2257.jpg

Just like the Stainless Steel Apple Watch vs the Aluminum Apple Watch.

I personally think it is and I've noticed that the mention of a Stainless Steel body vs an Aluminum body has been forgotten. Stainless Steel looks and feels better not to mention more durable.
View attachment 36174
Just like the Stainless Steel Apple Watch vs the Aluminum Apple Watch.
It’s not bare stainless steel, though. It’s coated with a finish that matches the rear glass panel. It’ll certainly be better able to resist the bending we’ve seen since the iPhone 6.

The cost is dictated by all the technology packed into it. If you're lucky enough to be one of the first Apple people to have Apple's top of the line*, you going to have to take out a second mortgage for that bragging right.

In Canada the 256GB is just over $1500 before taxes. I can't see myself upgrading a year after buying the 7plus for that kind of money. I'm rich, not wealthy.

*The technology is not new new, it's just new to Apple. Should put that discalimer in there before the Samsung fanboys talk sh/t.

Look at the Samsung Note 8 before you buy. Huge OLED edge to edge display (my 2015 Galaxy has that), wireless charge (overrated IMO), no home button, dual camera the same stuff as the X. I think about $800 unlocked world phone CDMA/GSM. Pretty nice phone.

Look at the Samsung Note 8 before you buy. Huge OLED edge to edge display (my 2015 Galaxy has that), wireless charge (overrated IMO), no home button, dual camera the same stuff as the X. I think about $800 unlocked world phone CDMA/GSM. Pretty nice phone.
Doesn't have IOS though...