What's new

Is my phone memory completely erased?

grantymc

Reaction score
I have recently got a new phone and I am looking to sell on my iphone4, the sim in it is now deactivated, so I performed a full wipe of the phone via restore and installed the latest iOS. I cannot activate the phone as I dont have a sim for it and the sim from my new phone wont work with it. Am I safe selling this phone on in the knowledge that all my contacts / texts will be deleted? Surely this is so if it needs to be activated.

advice appreciated, cheers!

I have recently got a new phone and I am looking to sell on my iphone4, the sim in it is now deactivated, so I performed a full wipe of the phone via restore and installed the latest iOS. I cannot activate the phone as I dont have a sim for it and the sim from my new phone wont work with it. Am I safe selling this phone on in the knowledge that all my contacts / texts will be deleted? Surely this is so if it needs to be activated.

advice appreciated, cheers!
Did you do Erase contents and all Settings?

no it would not work as my phone was jailbroken, this was my only worry, that carrying out a restore would retain my emails and such

You should be able to perform that now if your JB has been erased, if i remember correctly you can do that without a sim.

I cant get past the activation screen though, even though the sim from the HTC one is the same size the iphone doesnt seem to pick it up or give me a signal, Im connected to my wifi - is there a way I can bypass the activation?

I'm not sure how you would do that but if theres a way someone will help I'm sure.

think ive found a way using redsn0w and a firmware file I will let you guys know how I get on

Alternatively someone may be able to advise if your phone is safe to sell on as it is.

no joy, all I'm wanting to do is erase all settings and contents, is there a reason my htc sim wont work in the iphone 4 even though its the same size?

no joy, all I'm wanting to do is erase all settings and contents, is there a reason my htc sim wont work in the iphone 4 even though its the same size?
It should work if its the same network, has anyone else got a sim you could try?

You might have to change the ESN/ECID with your carrier for your SIM to recognize the new device.

Alternatively, if you're on iOS 6, you can hacktivate the device by jailbreaking it using Sn0wBreeze or RedSn0w.