What's new

Is it the battery?

5er driver

Reaction score
For the last couple of months my battery % indicator has been acting strange. When it goes down to 20% I get the usual low battery message. Then in a very short while is goes down to 17%, then 12%, then the 10% low battery message appears, then 8, 5, 3, &1% all in the space of about 15 to 20 minutes. The 1% hangs in there for about 1/2 an hour and then the 4S shuts off. I've been charging it up to 100% every time it does that (2 months now) leaving it plugged in for a good 1/2 hour after it shows 100%. For the past couple of years since I've had the phone (bought it new) I had been charging it up to full whenever I had the chance as I like a full battery and thought doing that would not harm it. Is it time to replace the battery or does the % program need to re-learn 100 to 0%? I do full resets about once per month.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

If your iPhone went into low power shut down and you then charged it to 100%, that should have calibrated the percentage meter. Since this problem has lasted for two months now, it is possible that something is wrong with your battery. If you live near enough to an Apple Store you may want to take it to the Genius Barr and have a diagnostic run on your phone. Apple charges 75€ plus shipping to replace your battery. http://support.apple.com/kb/index?p...any&product=iphone&select=BATTERY_REPLACEMENT

Last edited:
Thanks scifan57.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net