Is it possible to remove a "grayed out deleted song" from my iPhone 3GS??

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by scrabble, Dec 4, 2011.

1. scrabble

scrabble New Member

Can anyone help me to do this with step by step easy to follow instructions? Even tho I deleted it, it still appears grayed out. Thanks in advance.

2. scrabble

scrabble New Member

I so wish that a Moderator or someone would help me and please reply to my request.

3. iJeff

iJeff New Member Staff Member

Where are you trying to delete it from,phone or itunes?

4. scrabble

scrabble New Member

Because I do not want it on my iphone 3gs or want to look at it "grayed out" on my iphone anymore; I just want it to go away and forget about it.

5. bab2010

bab2010 Well-Known Member

connect your iPhone to your computer, open up iTunes and uncheck the grayed songs on your iPhone from the list of songs in iTunes. Sync iTunes to your iPhone afterward. Do remember to have "Manually manage songs" checked in summary tab after plugin in your iPhone to your computer and opened up iTunes.

6. scrabble

scrabble New Member

Thanks, but the strange thing is that the song does not show up on Itunes, it only shows up on my iphone 3gs. If you could please give me easy to follow instructions, I would greatly appreciate it.

7. scrabble

scrabble New Member

Hi everyone, I called Apple's Express Help and the person I reached said they could not help me remove the deleted grayed out song from my iphone 3gs and an appointment was set up at the Apple Store in a local Mall. The Apple Tech man said that because I downloaded the song from u-tube that the only way it could be removed was via U-Tube on the computer. The technician took my phone and restored it to the way it was when it was new. So, peace................ the song is gone and I don't have to look at it on my phone anymore. Thanks.

8. Berto

Berto New Member

Hi after the last sync of my iPhone with iTunes (which did not complete entirely), half of the songs in the Music app of my iphone are greyed out. Could you please help me out. What is this happening? I cannot play the greyed songs...

9. ClavisHon

ClavisHon New Member

This means that the iphone music library file got corrupt by iTunes - due to the failed sync. The iphone music library file contains a list of the songs found on the iphone and is used by the device to display the songs in the Music app. The fact that the songs are grey, means that they do not physically exist on the iphone. try re-syncing your iphone with itunes. Check out this article for detailed summary of your problem: My iPod Library is Corrupt

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  10. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

If you have the songs saved on your computer somewhere and moved them from the location that they originally were when you added them to iTunes for syncing, that's also another reason why. If you have the songs on your computer from say ripped discs, allow for manual management of your music on iTunes, then drag and drop them over to your iPhone directly and see if that solves the issue

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk