What's new

Is a fake Otterbox worth it in terms of durability/quality?

daveronel17

Reaction score
Hi, :)

I am planning to buy an original otterbox commuter case for iphone but then i saw a fake one which is very cheap and very tempting to buy :)
Do you think it is worth it to buy a fake otterbox commuter? I'm thinking it might get broken easily and gives no protection at all..

Thanks!
:)

Hi, :)

I am planning to buy an original otterbox commuter case for iphone but then i saw a fake one which is very cheap and very tempting to buy :)
Do you think it is worth it to buy a fake otterbox commuter? I'm thinking it might get broken easily and gives no protection at all..

Thanks!
:)
I wouldnt buy anything fake,as well as the fact that it wont last two minutes theres the fact that these people who make fake anything cost the original makers millions of pounds/dollars in lost revenue,get the real thing.

If you're going to get an Otterbox for what is most considerably the best protection for your iDevice... there's absolutely no reason to skimp and get a cheapo fake. Go with the real deal... you'll be happy that you did!

I have a Defender and soon the Armor. My brother bought the cheap reproduction.

I operate a MD flatbed/recovery. Dropping and smashing my phone between my body and whatever surface is next to me is a daily ordeal. Even fell 11ft one time, without a scratch on the phone.

My brother had his phone fall out of his pocket while walking to class. Case was fine, back glass was cracked.

Morale of the story, buy the one with the real warranty. I know, they have replaced mine three times without any questions, and I always receive the replacement within a week.

Sent from my iPhone 4S on Sprints Now Network.