What's new

IPod Touch Won't Download Apps

Try to back up your iPod touch first and then make a restore for it.
If you have old iTunes backup, just restore the backup to your iPod touch.
My iPad had same problem with your iPod touch and I fixed the problem by restore.

I’m out of iCloud storage. So some of my pictures will be left off. I’d prefer saving to something else since I don’t have a computer. How long would it take to backup 16000 pictures to iTunes? How long are they kept there? Is it easy to restore later? Will the pictures be restored in the same order I took them?

That’s tied to the country your Apple ID is registered in. It has nothing to do with whether or not you can remove a VPN or a VPN app from an iPod.

I had 2 Apple ID’s in different countries. I logged in and out of both. Neither made a difference.

I’m out of iCloud storage. So some of my pictures will be left off. I’d prefer saving to something else since I don’t have a computer. How long would it take to backup 16000 pictures to iTunes? How long are they kept there? Is it easy to restore later? Will the pictures be restored in the same order I took them?
iTunes doesn’t backup your photos when they are synced by iCloud.

This may seem too obvious but have you checked Settings>General>Restrictions>Installing Apps and made sure the switch is turned on? If it’s turned off, you can’t download any apps.

This may seem too obvious but have you checked Settings>General>Restrictions>Installing Apps and made sure the switch is turned on? If it’s turned off, you can’t download any apps.

It wasn’t turned off.

I’m having exact same problem with iPh 7+. No help from Apple except the email me and ask if everything is now working??? They haven’t offered any help but want to take credit if it starts to work. I have read all the posts re: vpn, etc. Checked all my settings and nothing is set wrong. I’m not an Apple guy so I don’t have a bunch of history to call upon. Thanks.

I’m having exact same problem with iPh 7+. No help from Apple except the email me and ask if everything is now working??? They haven’t offered any help but want to take credit if it starts to work. I have read all the posts re: vpn, etc. Checked all my settings and nothing is set wrong. I’m not an Apple guy so I don’t have a bunch of history to call upon. Thanks.

Well, I just installed IOS 11.03 on my iPH7+ and it didn’t help. I had three apps to update, and one other I wanted to install. I started the install and it just sat there spinning! I then started the updates and they just sat there spinning — until the install quit — then the updates downloaded perfectly. Don’t have a clue but would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

I once had an issue where an App got hung up on an update. It would not allow me to update or download any other apps. I had to delete it. Does it appear there is one particular app that won't download or update? Try deleting it

Well, I just installed IOS 11.03 on my iPH7+ and it didn’t help. I had three apps to update, and one other I wanted to install. I started the install and it just sat there spinning! I then started the updates and they just sat there spinning — until the install quit — then the updates downloaded perfectly. Don’t have a clue but would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Third time’s a charm they say. With all of the “tech” nowadays, my solution came from the good, old fashioned ‘touchy-feely’ world. Instead of ‘pressing’ the home button to use touch-id to get an App from the AppStore, I just sorta snuck up on the home button from below, barely touching it. It read my fingerprint and took care of business. Now, for full disclosure, I followed everybody’s suggestions — but to no avail. Including re-syncing the iPh7+ with my desktop computer after uploading the latest iTunes software — but, that did not work either. So, this worked for me and I have tried it out-with several Apps that I downloaded. Hope this helps. Take care.

Sounds like you had an issue with Fingerprint ID...not related to the OP's post.

Well excuuuuse me! Didn’t know that until the troubleshooting was completed.
If you are the type of person on yhis site, count me out!!!

Glad you got it figured out. Mine doesn’t have Touch ID. I wonder how that caused the issue on yours? I don’t know if I would want it or not.

Its always better to start your own thread about any problems you may have rather than tacking on to an existing thread, even if your problem seems to be identical to the problem being discussed in the thread. It’s very easy to become confused when what turn out to be two separate issues are being discussed in the same thread.

I guess this would be deleted if I posted in iPhone section, so I'll post this here and cross my fingers I get some good information. Even though my touch has many of the same features as the iPhone, and I think the question would apply to both.

Anyway, I have the newest touch. But it will no longer download apps. Not good. I have tons of pictures I want to move to another drive since I apparently will have to erase all data to reset where it will hopefully download apps again. Unless someone here knows something I don't. I don't have a computer, so I would prefer not to deal with iTunes. And I am out of iCloud storage. Is there any chance I can move all my precious pictures efficiently and reliably to another portable drive? I tried copying some yesterday to my flash drive on a public computer, but it look longer than I hoped and there was some unexpected error copying some of them (so I have no idea which pictures didn't copy). I was looking at a different flash drive that plugs directly into the Apple port on my touch. Unfortunately, after reading reviews those drives apparently have to have an extra app to be downloaded. Are there any that don't need an app? Is there any other workaround I could move them all quickly to my other touch or another drive?

Ever since the updates my Ipod has been acting up. Won't open apps, runs sluggish & I need to reset it at least 3 times a day for it to work!