What's new

ipod touch hung after cydia autoinstall

brat.rishi

Reaction score
hey all,
i put in ~20 .deb files on my ipod touch 3G for autoinstall. It is stuck on the apple logo since quite some time now.
I have tried shutting the device by holding power+home button but it starts up again.
I searched and found a similar post for iphone and hence installed tiny umbrella and entered my ipod touch in recovery mode. but it could not restore - itunes gave an error.
Please help

it says ipod 'ipod' cannot be restored error 3194.. :S

Then ummm oh yeah stand on it

Emera - Graal Online

Emera i'm asking for help. not stupid answers.

Ok, sorry. Smack it into DFU mode and plug it into itunes. Then, unfortunately your going to have to restore it. Sounding like dodgy debs to me.

Emera - Graal Online

how do i get it in DFU mode from recovery mode?

Follow the normal steps

Emera - Graal Online

still stuck at the apple logo ...
any one knows what to do??

im in DFU mode running tinyumbrella TSS server to override the 3194 error but now im getting a 1600 error in itunes

im in DFU mode running tinyumbrella TSS server to override the 3194 error but now im getting a 1600 error in itunes

If you are using a windows computer, then Go to folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username you use to login to windows>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates. CUT the "ipsw" file from the colder and copy it somewhere else like on your desktop. Now put your phone in recovery mode, connect it to iTunes and once iTunes detect your phone in recovery mode it will ask you to restore, agree for it. iTunes will go to that folder looking fir the ipsw file which ofcourse is not anymore there, then iTunes will proceed by downloading the latest ipsw and restoring it to your phone.
NOTE: if you are not upgrading or restoring the latest iOS don't follow this procedure as you might not be able to downgrade the iOS once iTunes finish restoring the latest iOS into your phone.