What's new

iPod Touch 4G HELP

Tyler Webb

Reaction score
So, as of now, my iPod is a paper weight. Yesterday I tried jailbreaking with a iOS 6.0 IPSW, which I had done in the past several times with the same device. But, this time I was trying to do it with a broken home button. I turned the IPSW into a ENTER_DFU file and restored through iTunes with it. This went by successfully. Then, it jailbroke. Like usual, I used the Just Boot option to complete the process, using the same ENTER_DFU file. It completed, and then the screen went black. It has been like that for quite some time now, and iTunes nor Redsn0w can detect it. I cannot perform a hard reboot because my home button is broken. I'm honestly kind of scared, because my parents are strict and that was a birthday present for me a year ago, and don't have any money to repair it currently. Any help would be great! At this point, I'm willing to try ANYTHING.

Restore the device to the latest iOS (iOS 6.1.6) and run p0sixspwn. It's been updated for native 6.1.6 support so you don't need to jailbreak using RedSn0w then apply the p0sixspwn package. Much easier now.