What's new

iPod Help.

Reaction score
So my mom has a 2nd Gen iPod nano. Our last computer was fried and we lost all hard drive info. Now my mom want to sync all songs that are on her iPod with our new computer. Each time we have tried this iTunes wants to erase the iPod and place the iTunes music back on it. The only problem is that she has music that was transferred from CD's to the iPod. Over the past few years some CD's have been lost and she does not want to loose that music.

How do I sync the iPod with iTunes and not erase the music that was not purchased via iTunes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quicksilver7714 said:
So my mom has a 2nd Gen iPod nano. Our last computer was fried and we lost all hard drive info. Now my mom want to sync all songs that are on her iPod with our new computer. Each time we have tried this iTunes wants to erase the iPod and place the iTunes music back on it. The only problem is that she has music that was transferred from CD's to the iPod. Over the past few years some CD's have been lost and she does not want to loose that music.

How do I sync the iPod with iTunes and not erase the music that was not purchased via iTunes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You cannot transfer none-iTunes bought music from iPod to iTunes directly. iTunes is a nazi program. lol.

I recommend you download SharePod which is free and use that to transfer the music to a folder on your desktop....then drag and drop the music from that folder to iTunes.

I also think you can burn the music from the iPod to a CD and then import straight to iTunes from that CD,....but I have never done that before.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: