What's new

IPOD 5th Gen 8.1.1 "Quicky"

Can the 5th gen ipod on 8.1.1 be jailbroken untethered.
I'm afraid not, there is currently no jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1. Apple is, however, still signing iOS 8.1. As long as Apple continues to sign iOS 8.1, you can downgrade to iOS 8.1 and then jailbreak.

Ok missed the sale of that 5th gen ipod so lets just say any apple device ipad,iphone etc that can be updated to 8.1.1 how do you then install 8.1 if apple takes you straight to 8.1.1 ?

Thank you for the above scifan

Ok missed the sale of that 5th gen ipod so lets just say any apple device ipad,iphone etc that can be updated to 8.1.1 how do you then install 8.1 if apple takes you straight to 8.1.1 ?

Thank you for the above scifan

If you buy a device that already has iOS 8.1.1 on it, you can manual install iOS 8.1 - as long as Apple is still signing iOS 8.1.

To manually install the iOS 8.1, download the proper IPSW file for your device and then use iTunes to put that software on your device.

Again, this can only be done if Apple is signing the iOS you want to install.

Marilyn

8.1.1 is jailbreakable then on ipad mini untethered ? as above link, can someone confirm this is good to go ?

It's working. So far no stability issues that I can see.

Ok so finally managed to get my kids 2 apple devices for Christmas, both IPad 2 one is 16gb wifi and other is 32gb wifi.

Just for clarity can you confirm 8.1.1 can be jailbroken untethered on the above TaiG on those Ipads and that the link is the latest Taig.

Thank you all for your replies, hopefully will be doing this on the Ipads tonight and tomorrow when they go to bed and also upon your confirmation.

Thanks again guys, brill.

Allan.