What's new

iPhone's Version of Droid's App "SemiSilent"...

MrBenchMark

Reaction score
When I initially tried the Droid X on for size before ultimately going to the iPhone 4 (currently have the iPhone 4S), there was this neat little app that worked wonderfully called SemiSilent that basically used your contact list, and at any give time with a touch of a finger choose who would be able to get a hold of you at that time. It was very simple to use! Since owning the iPhone I've often wondered why there isn't a SemiSilent App for iPhone. It's such a simple little app that I'm surprised either Apple didn't have it come with the iOS or an App developer hasn't created it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
Well, this thread has generated quite a few views, but no replies? No answers? Nothing??

I loved my droid app called "ring manager" it allowed me to put my phone on silent, but select certain contacts that would ring thru. I loved it!!! That way at night I could sleep without any phone alerts unless they were important. Wish they had an iOS app:)

I know, me too. Seems to me not too many people on this forum had a clue as to what I was referring to, didn't have an answer, or just didn't care. Still, I wonder if there's an iOS app that even comes close to what I'm referring to. If I knew how to make apps I'd create one myself...

Honestly, I don't think that there is an app for that so that is why you've had a lack of replies. Hopefully if I'm wrong someone else will say so.

I imagine you're correct. It still pangs me to think what a simple app this might be in performing such a simple task, but yet it doesn't exist in the Apple App store. Surely if there's app builders who create apps that perform extraordinary and complex functions, they could create something simple like this...

Droid has several apps like that in their app store...

Because androids are open source, which means anyone can slap together an app and put it on the market. This is good and bad. Apple has to accept apps to the store. I'm sure the app u are looking for will be available someday if there is a demand for it.

There is no way in iOS to slip "in between" the phone and ring functions to make this type of app. You would need to make the appeal to Apple directly.

Actually open source means something completely different.

I would assume its because the iPhone doesn't run background applications. So in turn it wouldn't work unless you had the app actually open. If you are jailbroken there is an awesome app that does this called iBlacklist.

Is there a untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 yet?