What's new

Iphone6 showing empty

dave307

Reaction score
I went to connect my iPhone 6 to my windows laptop then went to open the phone icon and it stated this folder is empty.I did use the iPhone usb cable.
Can anyone put me on the correct track why this is.
To use the phone all photos etc are al there.
Thanks.David in distress.

Do the lists of movies , music, TV shows, etc. that appear in the sidebar show anything?

Thanks for your help.later on tonight I intend to instal iTunes on another laptop to see if we can eliminate the issue.
Will get back to you tomorrow morning with an update good or bad news.
Getting a bit late here now.
Once again much many thanks.will get back to you.
David.

Thanks for your help.later on tonight I intend to instal iTunes on another laptop to see if we can eliminate the issue.
Will get back to you tomorrow morning with an update good or bad news.
Getting a bit late here now.
Once again much many thanks.will get back to you.
David.
I hope it works out.

Good morning all, another day.
This is what I get when iPhone is connected to iTunes on another laptop.
On the left side.
Summary
Music
Films
Tv programs
Photos
Info
File Sharing
On my device
Music
Films
Tv programs
Books
Audiobooks
Tones
Ringtones
Recently played
Top 25 most played.
That’s it. Should it show the photos movies on my device.If that’s the way it works as above how does one access photos Home movies that I took of my granddaughter singing in the Hafvest school show yesterday.Am I doing something wrong or is that’s the way iTunes work, I so how do I get to see my photos movies.
Sorry to be a pain in the rear, as this is all different to the android phones.
Hope you understand my points.
Thanks David. Let’s se what results come up.Ta.

Afaik, iTunes doesn’t show photos and videos on your iPhone. It’s possible to import those to your computer via Windows Photo Gallery. You need iTunes, but you don’t go to iTunes.

Connect your device to the computer, make sure it trusts the computer, and the iPhone should also be unlocked. Then go to the Photos app on the PC, select “Import”, and you should see the images and videos on your iPhone.

JA is correct...you won't see you photos and videos on iTunes. I am not sure how to view them on a windows, but on my iMac I can view and export them to iPhoto. Conversly you can "sync" your photos from your computer THROUGH iTunes onto your phone, but they won't be viewed on iTunes.

Well here we are. I just want to say thanks very much once again. All working fine now.
A big thanks to all.
David :)

JA is correct...you won't see you photos and videos on iTunes. I am not sure how to view them on a windows, but on my iMac I can view and export them to iPhoto. Conversly you can "sync" your photos from your computer THROUGH iTunes onto your phone, but they won't be viewed on iTunes.

If you have download iCloud to computer then after your phone has been plug in. Wait a few minutes and then go to iCloud. If you have your phone connected to WiFi and you charge your phone at night. You set up a time on computer to back up your phone over night