What's new

Iphone5 question plz

LilaMarie

Reaction score
I have switched my phone and gave my iphone 5 to my hubby. the phone has been activated already, but all of my contacts are still in the phone. how do I restore it to factory settings I guess would be the correct question.
thanks

To restore the iPhone to factory settings, go to Settings - General - Reset, and select "Erase all Content and Settings".

Before erasing the iPhone go to iCloud in settings and turn off Find My iPhone. Erase all Content and Settings won't work unless you do.

ok I did that and it did not delete my contacts. is there a way to delete them all at once? tyvm

Erasing content and settings will set back the iPhone to default, and remove everything that has been added before. If your contacts are still there, you did something else than erase the content.

Here's the right procedure once more:
On your iPhone, go to Settings - iCloud, and disable "Find my iPhone". You'll have to enter your iCloud ID's password, then it can be disabled.
That done, go to Settings (still your iPhone), and there, go to General - Reset. Select "Erase All Content And Settings". This will remove every information from the iPhone: Wi-Fi, Apple ID, email addresses, contacts, apps that have been added, ...