What's new

iphone5 keeps shutting down

pandaboi

Reaction score
hey all the problem is not as easy as it seems.

this occurs when i use my camera to take photos, my phone will shutdown no matter what % , but mostly when it's below 60%.

when i try to power on again, it shows me the 'low battery' screen. so i charge it, and then i turn it on again, only to find the battery still at where it was (60%). so im wondering why does my phone do this?

in addition, using my video function to film things as well as taking pictures drains my battery REALLY fast.

like 10% in 5minutes or less. even if i watch videos full brightness with max sound it doesnt drain as fast as that.

so how can i fix this?

Certain early production iPhone 5's have a defective battery that can start losing charge at an accelerated rate. If your iPhone is in the proper serial number range you can get the battery replaced for free. If you go to this website you can enter the serial number of your iPhone to see if it's covered by the battery replacement program. iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program - Apple Support

There are instructions on the site for finding the nearest location that will do the battery replacement.

Certain early production iPhone 5's have a defective battery that can start losing charge at an accelerated rate. If your iPhone is in the proper serial number range you can get the battery replaced for free. If you go to this website you can enter the serial number of your iPhone to see if it's covered by the battery replacement program. iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program - Apple Support

There are instructions on the site for finding the nearest location that will do the battery replacement.
yeah but how is it a battery problem when this only happens when im in camera mode only?

Maybe activities running in the background when the camera app is open are causing extra drain on the battery. If force closing the camera app doesn't help, have you tried resetting all settings to see if that makes a difference? To do so, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This won't erase any data but you may have to re enter passwords for sites that normally remember you.