What's new

iPhone5 iCloud issue.

curtofficial

Reaction score
i got my iPhone5 from my mom from Japan, i cant open it because the account that she used is already forgot. What can I do? I cant use the phone. Help me please.

i got my iPhone5 from my mom from Japan, i cant open it because the account that she used is already forgot. What can I do? I cant use the phone. Help me please.
Welcome to iPhoneForums, curtofficial!

If it's locked by iCloud, you won't be able to use it, and there's no way around this. If your mother can't remember the account, Apple can help her unlocking the iPhone, but she will have to prove that it's her device (billing).

If your mother still has access to the email address she used as her Apple and iCloud ID but has forgotten the password, she can go here to regain access to the account. If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

She'll then be able to remove the iPhone from her account by logging into her iCloud account and deleting it. iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

After this has been completed, you should now be able to erase the iPhone and set it up as a new iPhone under your Apple ID. If you have a backup of a previous iPhone, you can set up the iPhone from that backup instead of as a new iPhone.

Last edited: