What's new

Iphone5 16gb or 32gb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbartley77

Reaction score
Coming from Android to Iphone. Will 16gb be enough?? Can I just store some things in the cloud, and get by with 16gb? This phone is going to be awesome, I watched some of the hands on videos, and switching between screens was so fast, and the camera was crazy!! So excited to drop my lagging, buggy Rezound, and get a real smartphone!!!

I don't know what all you would want to keep on your phone. I chose the 64 GB versions of the i4, i4S, and IPad3 and am glad I did because the 32 GB versions would have been too small to hold the stuff that I want to carry around. I am ordering a 64 GB i5 tomorrow. I would have bought 128 GB versions of each if they were produced. You can store up to 5 GB on iCloud for free. I personally only keep my iDevice's back ups on iCloud. I don't want to have to wait for music, pictures, or videos to download from storage to hear or view them. I have slow data connections when not in a wifi scenario, so I want my stuff on my device. My wifi, or my DSL I should say, isn't the fastest either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Last edited:
I made the mistake of only going 16gb for my 4 (though the 4 only had a max of 32gb above?), but went straight for 64 with my 4S and 3rd gen iPad.

If you want any video on the phone, I'd go with 32 at a minimum. I used to get annoyed with having to shuffle video on/off the 4 all the time to manage the space. Currently hovering around the 50gb mark on the 4S, all my music is lossless which doesn't help though.

I also went 16gb with my 4, but I'm always shuffling things around to make more room. I'm going with the 32gb this time for sure.

DON'T FORGET THE PICTURES! I take a lot and they take up space. I made a mistake with mu iPad and got the 16. It's slow when nearly full! 32 for me.

I'm getting the 64GB. It's always nice to have the extra space.

Jarred said:
?.... (though the 4 only had a max of 32gb above?).....

Correct, I mistakenly said i4 64 GB, I had the 32 GB version. And I was constantly deleting things from it to add new stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Status
Not open for further replies.