Iphone5 16gb or 32gb?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Kbartley77, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbartley77

Kbartley77 New Member

Coming from Android to Iphone. Will 16gb be enough?? Can I just store some things in the cloud, and get by with 16gb? This phone is going to be awesome, I watched some of the hands on videos, and switching between screens was so fast, and the camera was crazy!! So excited to drop my lagging, buggy Rezound, and get a real smartphone!!!
  2. 5er driver

5er driver Member

I don't know what all you would want to keep on your phone. I chose the 64 GB versions of the i4, i4S, and IPad3 and am glad I did because the 32 GB versions would have been too small to hold the stuff that I want to carry around. I am ordering a 64 GB i5 tomorrow. I would have bought 128 GB versions of each if they were produced. You can store up to 5 GB on iCloud for free. I personally only keep my iDevice's back ups on iCloud. I don't want to have to wait for music, pictures, or videos to download from storage to hear or view them. I have slow data connections when not in a wifi scenario, so I want my stuff on my device. My wifi, or my DSL I should say, isn't the fastest either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. Jarred

Jarred New Member

I made the mistake of only going 16gb for my 4 (though the 4 only had a max of 32gb above?), but went straight for 64 with my 4S and 3rd gen iPad.

If you want any video on the phone, I'd go with 32 at a minimum. I used to get annoyed with having to shuffle video on/off the 4 all the time to manage the space. Currently hovering around the 50gb mark on the 4S, all my music is lossless which doesn't help though.
  4. 28offroader

28offroader Member

I also went 16gb with my 4, but I'm always shuffling things around to make more room. I'm going with the 32gb this time for sure.
  5. schoff0310

schoff0310 New Member

DON'T FORGET THE PICTURES! I take a lot and they take up space. I made a mistake with mu iPad and got the 16. It's slow when nearly full! 32 for me.
  6. qnet

qnet Member

I'm getting the 64GB. It's always nice to have the extra space.
  7. 5er driver

5er driver Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.