What's new

Iphone4s Crashing

davidcasalinova

Reaction score
I've had my iphone4s since Christmas and its been working fine and now all of a sudden it has been crashing and going into recovery mode. When it does this the first few times I can restart it a few times and it will work for a few hours and then crash again. I can do this a few times until it won't work when I keep restarting it and I was forced to restore it on iTunes. I did this and it worked for a day or two and then crashed again! What do I do??? (I've never jail broke my phone, most people assume that's what's wrong)

Have you restore your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes? If yes, did you restore your back up files? If yes, use iCloud to backup your contacts, then do a factory restore using iTunes again, do not restore your backup files in iTunes and try using the device like that a few days to see if it will crash again,
1.) if it doesn't crash then one of your app is corrupted, or you are having a corrupted file or doc in the phone which happens to be part of your backup file.
2.) If the device crash again then take it to Apple store.

What kind of stuff could be corrupt? Like if I where to delete the corrupted file would that fix it? Like it works randomly for a few hours then crashes again

I can't say what the corrupt file is, I don't know what apps you have in your phone and even if I do, I can't know which one of the files are corrupted. One thing is sure, the phone system file are damage as well and thus causing your issue. Only way to make sure that it's corrupted files is to factory restore without restoring backup files. If issue still exist then it's surely not related with the iOS but with the phone.

Well what could cause a file to become corrupt? Because I need to keep the data like Messages on my phone, so factory restore isn't much of an option

I'm using it right now to post this thread and it's working fine, it's almost like something I do triggers it to restart and go into recovery but I can't really pinpoint an app...

I'm using it right now to post this thread and it's working fine, it's almost like something I do triggers it to restart and go into recovery but I can't really pinpoint an app...

And how do you kick it out of recovery mode?

I restart it 2-3 times and then it magically works

When your iPhone goes into recovery mode, you won't be able to restart it. Instead you will see an iTunes logo with an USB cable on the screen, since you are on a stock iPhone, your only option to come out of that recovery mode will be a factory restore, so I don't think that you are facing a factory restore screen, however, your device is definitely having corrupted files since you have to restart it 2 to 3 times before it magically can work.

Im getting the USB iTunes symbol and then holding home button and the button on top toll it restarts

Im getting the USB iTunes symbol and then holding home button and the button on top toll it restarts

So you mean that you are kicking out the phone from recovery mode just by hard resetting the phone 2-3 times? That's interesting and I didn't know that.

And is there some type of helpline I can call? I called version and they know NOTHING

Is there anyway to find currupted data on it?

There is no way you can locate the corrupted files in your system. It cloud be anything or everything.
But you can at least try to uninstall your most recent installed apps or deleting your most recent added files like downloaded docs pictures, musics etc... The best way is to restart from scratch.