What's new

iPhone4 won't recognise any of my chargers

Tone

Reaction score
Apologies if this problem has successfully been discussed, can't find it in "Search" and I looked through the last hundred or so posts. My iPhone 4 is just over a year old, and until this month has run faultlessly. I upgraded the OS, as recommended, last month. I then noticed the phone didn't "recognise" the TomTom satnav cradle in the car (the satnav software runs ok but the phone doesn't charge). I don't know if this is relevant.

It now won't recognise the wall socket charger or the iMac lead. When plugged in, the little battery icon in the top right corner initially shows the "lightning" icon for a few seconds, then flickers between the lightning and "spanner" icon for about a minute then gives the message "Charging is not supported with this accessory"

When connected to the computer it occasionally gives the message, "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE80000001)"

I've tried restoring the iPhone via the iMac, and it appeared to do this successfully, but still wont recognise any of my charging devices. I'll be very grateful for any help. Thanks in anticipation. Tone

check the voltage if your not using stock apple cord....some advice always stick to apple i had a lot of wires and things start acting funny or don't get recognized.......apple wires way to go

check the voltage if your not using stock apple cord....some advice always stick to apple i had a lot of wires and things start acting funny or don't get recognized.......apple wires way to go

Thanks but all 3 main leads are Apple. I wouldn't have thought all 3 would have given problems at the same time.

Please dont duplicate posts,thank you.....ipf staff.

Last edited:
Seems you have already taken the first step, i.e restoring. Now since you are still facing trouble with the cords, I advise you to get your hardware checked at Apple Store once. There may be a hardware problem causing this!

I concur that a trip to Apple may be warranted. When you get the dreaded "not supported" message when trying to charge, that usually means moisture has gotten into the iPhone or the connector is fouled.