What's new

iPhone4 Problem with SD card reader

natk

Reaction score
I bought an SD card reader (30 Pin) and finally got it working on my iPad2 ok, but my iPhone4 continues to give an error stating "cannot use device - flash card reader writer: the connected device is not supported". In order to get my iPad to work, I had to create a DCIM folder and put the photo files (all with 8 character names) into the folder. Voila! It works on the iPad, but still will not work on the phone. All I want to do is pull photos from my camera's SD card onto my iPhone. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Thanks, Hob. Do you know if any are compatible with the iPhone2? I'd rather it be compatible with the phone over the iPad since I always have my phone on me. Thanks!

There aren't any certified ones. There are a lot of 3rd party ones that (if you must use) is at your own risk. They won't run more than about 10-15$ online if you're up to try

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

I don't believe the 3rd party one will work either, bought one off of ebay for my iphone5 and yep it works on an ipad but not my iphone 5