What's new

IPhone X’s Max

Moparherb

Reaction score
well I’m as excited as an old guy can get. I just pulled the pin on a new iPhone X’s max direct from Apple. None of the Verizon stores around here have any so it’s off to Apple I went. I’m also taking advantage of their IPhone X trade in program. So they tell me I’ll see my phone around the 16th of October......I can’t wait. Hope everything goes smooth when it gets here. When does the new phone start working and the old phone not work. That part I don’t quite understand. Hope they send instructions.

The new iPhone should start working when you insert the SIM card from your iPhone X. Back up your iPhone X and set up your new iPhone X’s Max from that backup. Restoring from an iTunes backup is much faster than from an iCloud backup.

scifan....I’m not sure my current iPhone X has a SIM card. I purchased it outright so I guess I don’t know if it has one or not and how do I get it out if it does have one?

scifan....I’m not sure my current iPhone X has a SIM card. I purchased it outright so I guess I don’t know if it has one or not and how do I get it out if it does have one?
All iPhone Xs Max phones have one eSIM and one regular SIM card. There's a SIM card holder on the side, just like every other recent iPhone. iPhone Xs and Xs Max iPhones sold in China have two regular SIM cards.

scifan.....I checked and as you said my iPhone X does have a Verizon SIM card. So I told Apple during the purchase that I was a Verizon customer. So you are saying to back up my iPhone X and then take the SIM card out of it and place it in the new iPhone X’s Max and follow the on screen instructions, setting up from the cloud. Will this preserve my contacts and photos.....any help is appreciated. I usually go to the Verizon store to buy my phones but they did not have stock on the iPhone X’s Max.

If you have a computer it would be quicker to back up your iphone to iTunes on the computer. That backup would have the photos and contacts that were on the iPhone when the backup was made. Setting up an iPhone from an iCloud backup can take significantly longer but it will restore the same data to your new iPhone.

If you purchase from Apple you can tell them your provider and they can ship you a phone with the correct SIM installed. If I remember correctly, after I backed up my old phone I started my new one and during the process I got it on my wifi then it activated and I pulled my old phone's SIM out of the old phone. I think I gave Apple my number but they have it anyway.

My final phase of my iPhone X’s max purchase is complete. I received my Apple rebate today for sending my iPhone X back. Seems to me this has been a very smooth purchase experience. I would buy from Apple again.

My final phase of my iPhone X’s max purchase is complete. I received my Apple rebate today for sending my iPhone X back. Seems to me this has been a very smooth purchase experience. I would buy from Apple again.

Have you seen a noticeable difference between the X and the XS?

The XS MAX is noticeably faster loading apps and changing screens, and other times. I’m not sure at my age if I really need faster, but I can tell that it is. I’m having a bit of a hard time getting use to the bigger phone. My hands are not super large so this phone feels odd compared to my ten. I like it and I’m getting more and more use to it so it will be good but it wasn’t instantly comfortable. Any other differences are mostly iOS version changes.

I decided long ago when I bought another iPhone it absolutely would not be from the phone company. And I will never be stuck with a contract. Do I sound like an unhappy ATT customer? Yes!! So I decided to get my Xs Max unlocked meaning if I had been buying at the phone store it would have been locked. I didn’t check the store, that was what the sales person told me. You can buy from Apple locked or unlocked. This time around I also went the AC & T&l plan. To me I decided it would be worth it. Everybody has a different opinion on that. So coming from a 5s this was a major improvement, the 5 s was beginning to lose battery strength and it just wasn’t worth getting a new battery. They gave me $30 only because I didn’t have time the night before it would have been $50. I have big hands and fingers so a cover would be nice had it been in stock. I ordered one and good ol Fedex claims it was delivered but it wasn’t. I was out front of my house all day. So much for that. I never could get the finger unlock to be reliable with the 5s so I had to resort to entering a code every time I wanted to do anything. The face recognition is great with the Xs max. I used to backup with iTunes but now use iCloud only as everything gets backed up not just important things. Switching to the new phone was easy only had to renter passwords for apps. I know a lot of people nitpick little things, but from my observation comparing brands out there, yes the iPhone is much more expensive but from my observation and experience iphones last longer. The photos and software is superb to the 5s and better than the competitors. Another reason I bought the Xs max over the Xr. The only thing I don’t like about this phone is the protruding camera lens and light on the back. It’s almost like Apple gets you to buy a case to fix that flaw. Here’s another feature I found much better is sound quality and volume.

A follow up on my Xs MAX. When I bought my phone I also bought the glass cover and a leather case. They were out of stock on the case, a forest green leather, apparently the most popular color and case as told by the sales person. They have special equipment and install it right there in front of you. Perfect fit!! The case order went sour not because it was Apple’s fault but instead Fedex. The case was in stock at the warehouse, only a day away. So it was on a truck to be delivered the next day. For some strange reason they claimed it was delivered but it wasn’t, I was working in front of my house when they said it was delivered. I called fedex and they opened a delivery dispute case. It’s strange the case arrived unannounced 5 days later. Another perfect fit and solved the issue with the lens protruding from the back.

I have had my XS Max for a solid week now. I am coming from a 7plus so the size is perfectly normal for me.
This phone just feels solider in my hand than the 7P did. Went without a case the first 2 days and if it wasn’t for the damn camera sticking out I just might have stayed that way.
It took a few days to get used to the gestures and no home button but it feels weird now when I have to use my work phone that has one.
The sound is amazing compared to any other phone I have had before.
I desperately wish they had a red one but I am very happy with my black one.
The red 7plus is going to my daughter for Christmas to replace her broken 6plus.

One more thing I have noticed. The screen on this thing is the most anti-fingerprint I have ever seen. It feels as amazing as it looks.