iPhone XS Max black screen on wake up

Discussion in 'iPhone Xs Max' started by Kaizoku1992, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Kaizoku1992

Kaizoku1992 New Member

I have a problem on my new iPhone XS Max that I bought two weeks ago. When I wake up my phone with slide button, or “tap to wake” or “rase to wake” features, some times my phone doesn’t open and screen remains black but my phone is on, I can open apps and I’m listening sounds (but screen is black). To open my screen when this happening, I need to press slide button (then I’m hearing sound that phone closed) and press it again (display wake up). Then screen opens and image are showing on screen. Hard reset its not necessary because with 2 press on slide button it open. What’s the problem? iOS bug or hardware problem and I need to returned on apple store? I’m running iOS 12.2 and I had this problem on 12.1. Anyone has this issue? This happening about 1-3 times a day.

2. spencerdl

spencerdl Well-Known Member

This is not normal behavior. I suggest making an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar or giving Apple a call.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kaizoku1992

Kaizoku1992 New Member

In other forum that asked about this issue, some people answer me that they faced the same problem and this is bug. Anyone else has the same issue?

4. bear7962

bear7962 Well-Known Member

As you were advised, make a Genius appt. and have Apple address it. Your phone is under warranty.

• Like Like x 3
  5. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Even if you did not purchase AppleCare+, you’re still in the 90 days of free telephone technical support included with your purchase. Try calling Apple and see what they say.

• Like Like x 3
  6. MidnightOwl9

MidnightOwl9 Active Member

I have an iphone xs max. I didnt have issues after DL ios 12.2. No issues with my iphone 6, too. Havent updated my iphone 7s+

• Like Like x 1