What's new

Iphone XR has lost some features after screen replacement

Obeone

Reaction score
After replacing screen ,phone will not start unless I pinch upper right corner of screen while applying volume up and power button. I believe a contact point inside Iphone is missing but I do not know where. The Ipone works fine otherwise. Very annoying. Thanks

After replacing screen ,phone will not start unless I pinch upper right corner of screen while applying volume up and power button. I believe a contact point inside Iphone is missing but I do not know where. The Ipone works fine otherwise. Very annoying. Thanks
Did you replace the screen yourself? If so, you would need to check the connections. If someone else changed it, you should go back and get them to put the problem right.

Did you replace the screen yourself? If so, you would need to check the connections. If someone else changed it, you should go back and get them to put the problem right.
I replaced it myself. Connections??? Might one suggest which connections? Suggestions, as to which connections, before I disassemble again. Thanks for for your input.

I replaced it myself. Connections??? Might one suggest which connections? Suggestions, as to which connections, before I disassemble again. Thanks for for your input.
It would be virtually impossible to tell which connections may be damaged without opening up the phone.

It would be virtually impossible to tell which connections may be damaged without opening up the phone.
Thank you for response.
1/ Can you tell if I can safely operate the Iphone with the screen opened up?
2/ Should I be able to start and shut Iphone down with screen opened up?

The reason for #2 is I believe I might render it operational by applying pressure to points inside which are causing my problem, using non metalic probe. (Otherwise)
There is a very small spring contact top right I thought causing the problem.

Thank you again for responding

Thank you for response.
1/ Can you tell if I can safely operate the Iphone with the screen opened up?
2/ Should I be able to start and shut Iphone down with screen opened up?

The reason for #2 is I believe I might render it operational by applying pressure to points inside which are causing my problem, using non metalic probe. (Otherwise)
There is a very small spring contact top right I thought causing the problem.

Thank you again for responding
You risk corrupting your data or compromising the software if you have the phone switched on whilst you are working on it. Whether or not you can turn it on will depend on how far you have proceeded with taking it apart.