What's new

iPhone X Reviews

My son still uses my 4s...
He will soon have my 7 Plus though...
:)
My younger daughter has just gone from a 5 to a 6 Plus handed down from the older sister and loves it, I am sure he will too!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So do you call the notch screen, does it produce OLED? No, so then the measurement of the screen CANNOT and NEVER will be 5.8" as most people in the world. apart from Apple who make up their own rules, believe a screen to be an area that is totally viewable and functional AS A SCREEN IN WHOLE when the size is given.
Do you have a reason for believing what you do about Apple? Most of your posts are quite negative in tone and don't seem to reflect the experiences of most of our members.
By your definition it would be impossible for any smartphone that has been is now and will be produced in the future to have a screen that's edge to edge on all four sides. The area that people call the notch on the iPhone X is an area that every touchscreen smartphone ever produced requires to hold the earpiece speaker, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, and front facing camera.

A smartphone that had a screen that covered the entire front of the phone with no bezel or any kind of non- screen area around the edges could not function as a phone because there would be no place to put the essentials that in the iPhone X are contained in the notch.

Do you have a reason for believing what you do about Apple? Most of your posts are quite negative in tone and don't seem to reflect the experiences of most of our members.
By your definition, it would be impossible for any smartphone that has been is now and will be produced in the future to have a screen that's edge to edge on all four sides. The area that people call the notch on the iPhone X is an area that every touchscreen smartphone ever produced requires to hold the earpiece speaker, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, and front facing camera.

A smartphone that had a screen that covered the entire front of the phone with no bezel or any kind of non- screen area around the edges could not function as a phone because there would be no place to put the essentials that in the iPhone X are contained in the notch.
I am not negative about Apple as I have about every product they have ever produced, but yes you are right NO phone should claim to have edge top edge screen because it can't THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT! so WHY do Apple come out with that nonsense????

I am old enough not to be fooled, if younger people feel its OK to be fooled then that is up to them, all I want is honesty, NOT SPIN!

And by the way I will REPEAT, the phone is a brilliant piece of engineering and I am super impressed with it, my only issue is the above!

Oh! and by the way, I FULLY researched the phone before I bought it watching every possible video and read all reviews I could find so when I got it I knew as much as I could, so I KNEW about the notch but decided after initially deciding not to buy it, to give it a go. People need to be honest and not suck up to Apple, if they have an issue they should be free to express it and that is what I am doing, the only other product I bought and regretted was the Apple watch, it was a total waste of time and money 'for me' because even having the larger size I couldn't see it without putting on my glasses, by the time I had done that I could easily have taken my phone out of my pocket and seen what I wanted to in a more relaxed way. I then bought a Samsung Gear S3 which I use to this day, it has limited functionality due to Apple app restrictions but gives me what I need, plus it looks like a proper watch.

IMG_4281.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

Last edited:
I’m sure you’re old enough to know that writing in capital letters is considered shouting, so please control your temper.

You keep stating that you’re old enough not to be fooled. Well, so am I. And my opinion is the same as scifan57’s. I’ve watched the event where the new iPhone was introduced, twice.

Of course you can’t promote a device without pointing out it’s highlights. But no company would be foolish enough to tell lies about it. As soon as someone lays his hands on it, people would get to know about this, and it would be a great starting point for bad reputation.

And to the term “edge to edge”: when Samsung can have a smartphone that’s “almost edge to edge” (borders at the bottom and at the top), Apple is allowed to call it’s device’s feature edge to edge.

If you have suggestions, feedback, or complaints, contact Apple themselves:
Feedback - iPhone - Apple
They will certainly read it. Posting on this forum will not improve a design that you seem to consider kind of imperfect.

Of course it’s good to hear different opinions of a product, and we welcome your point of view. It’s enough to state it once, though. Repeating the same opinion over and over again will give the impression described by scifan57 above.

I’m sure you’re old enough to know that writing in capital letters is considered shouting, so please control your temper.

You keep stating that you’re old enough not to be fooled. Well, so am I. And my opinion is the same as scifan57’s. I’ve watched the event where the new iPhone was introduced, twice.

Of course you can’t promote a device without pointing out it’s highlights. But no company would be foolish enough to tell lies about it. As soon as someone lays his hands on it, people would get to know about this, and it would be a great starting point for bad reputation.

And to the term “edge to edge”: when Samsung can have a smartphone that’s “almost edge to edge” (borders at the bottom and at the top), Apple is allowed to call it’s device’s feature edge to edge.

If you have suggestions, feedback, or complaints, contact Apple themselves:
Feedback - iPhone - Apple
They will certainly read it. Posting on this forum will not improve a design that you seem to consider kind of imperfect.

Of course, it’s good to hear different opinions about a product, and we welcome your point of view. It’s enough to state it once, though. Repeating the same opinion over and over again will give the impression described by scifan57 above.
OK let's agree to disagree, as you say I can state the obvious with my views as can anyone else and should be allowed to, I am just fed up of people telling me it is 'edge to edge' when it isn't because a 'notch' containing hardware is in the way which is no way screen, just because someone else called their screen edge to edge when was not, does not mean Apple can or should lower themselves to.

I will not mention it again, I think I have made myself very clear, but as a huge investor in Apple I am very disappointed in the way they are going, time will tell, let's see the figures of iPhone X sales when they come out, there may be a surprise.

Definition of Edge (Oxford Dictionary): The outside limit of an object, area, or surface

Last edited:
OK Man, just for you:

I didn't have my ruler, but you can tell by looking that they are close.
iPhone 6S Plus 5.5" display on top
iPhone X 5.8" Display (Not Zoomed In) on bottom

Then zoomed in (Yes, I know it loses some of the top and bottom when you zoom)

A picture tells a thousand words. The phone on top is a Plus, not a 6S, but a 6S PLUS!

Edit: and for the final time, send it back, or stop complaining.

At 5:50 the video talks about the notch, so I am exactly right in the point I was making about watching films and wishing for a bigger screen. As it states the size you see without the notch (double tapping is in fact the iPhone 8 size. What can't Apple just be honest about this and stop misleading people?

Double tapping makes the videos the same aspect ratio as the 8. You see more of the video that way. Full screen video on the X is cropped. The same with photos. They are 4:3 aspect ratio on both the X and the 8. So they don't fit the X full screen. You would need to zoom them up, but then they're cropped.

IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_8926.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_7241.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
OK Man, just for you:

I didn't have my ruler, but you can tell by looking that they are close.
iPhone 6S Plus 5.5" display on top
iPhone X 5.8" Display (Not Zoomed In) on bottom

Then zoomed in (Yes, I know it loses some of the top and bottom when you zoom)

A picture tells a thousand words. The phone on top is a Plus, not a 6S, but a 6S PLUS!

Edit: and for the final time, send it back, or stop complaining.
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_8926.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_7241.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG

Last edited:
You're obviously not happy with the X, Constant complaining and running down Apple in here just makes you look like a troll.
I believe you said you can exchange it with your family member and have your 7 Plus back?
You should do that or as suggested send it back.

So if you don’t bow down or question Apples ethics your a troll, what a sad state of affairs.

I have stated fact, I have also spent a lot of my time sharing my experience and speaking the truth even posting images, what do you have against that? I am not repeating what I have said as it’s all in posts on here, some of which has been backed up by professional reviewers, I have no idea if you have an X or not, and if not have no idea how you can criticise me as a person using it every day!

If you want a forum of grovelling Apple sheep that’s your choice, as I said I have almost every product Apple has made even down to AirPods, they don’t get everything right or perfect every time that is why they strive to better things. I have publicly stated that the X is a beautiful machine apart from one issue I have, what more do you want, are no issues permitted ever?

I will speak the truth but can’t stand blinkered Apple can do no wrong and whatever they say must be true people. Maybe in the UK we stand up for ourselves and are not walked over, we are taught to question things and debate, I have no idea where you are from or do I really care, what I care about is giving people the truth without spin and letting them decide.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Bow down or question Apple ethics?
A forum of grovelling Apple sheep?
Really???

We welcome all opinions here but we are not affiliated to Apple and no amount of complaining does any good in here.

I live in the UK by the way!

Bow down or question Apple ethics?
A forum of grovelling Apple sheep?
Really???

We welcome all opinions here but we are not affiliated to Apple and no amount of complaining does any good in here.

I live in the UK by the way!
Great to hear, so let's drop the screen issue as there is enough information on here now for people to make up their own mind, because I am not changing mine!

I am now concentrating on the battery, lost 30% in the first 3 hrs of today, will investigate to see what apps or uses are causing this high drain, normally I have it on a wireless charging stand so not been aware of its staying power before.