What's new

IPhone X - First thoughts

After 5 minutes, yes. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!

It's beautiful and smooth and fast and I love it. I'm waiting on the other one to be delivered before I can make a video, but yes! It's as good as I expected and it's everything I wanted. I'm in LOVE!

After 5 minutes, yes. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!

It's beautiful and smooth and fast and I love it. I'm waiting on the other one to be delivered before I can make a video, but yes! It's as good as I expected and it's everything I wanted. I'm in LOVE!
Awesome... Enjoy and make sure to take some pics

I picked one up this morning from Verizon - still waiting on the other one to be delivered :) but it already has a home...

I totally agree with @Scottysize on how nice this phone is. The gestures are actually pretty fluid and the phone is super smooth. I am using the "assistive touch" feature (settings - general - accessibility) and all is going great. I did find that when you are in the multi-tasking menu, long press on the open apps for the red minus sign to appear - at this point you can swipe up. I don't recall seeing that in the videos that I watched. I was also curious about the use of the widget area as I didn't really see anyone touch on that. It is still accessible from the home screen by swiping right as well as from the notification panel by swiping right.

I was worried about the notch - doesn't bother me LOL. However, coming from the Plus series, it is weird having a smaller phone with a larger screen in hand. Although the phone feels great! The apps that are not quite optimized for the X, I kind like as it gives me that bit of "dead" space at the bottom allowing me to adjust vs a full screen app where you touch at the edge and you go a different direction than you were wanting (but to everyone their own here :))...

Overall, very pleased with the phone and the setup process. I did not have to reset my watches this go around as I have had to with the 8 Plus and previous phones. It asks in the setup process if you want to use an existing watch and shows them by name. Then once the phone is setup, your watch buzzes on your wrist and it asks if you want to unpair it from your previous phone and pair to the X.

I am sure I will think of more later LOL...

Here is the multitasking screen with red minus signs in upper left corner of apps...longpress to get those then just swipe up to dismiss...
IMG_0001.JPG

When you are deleting apps from the home screen, the long press feels a bit different to me anyways but the 3D press is way more responsive. Once you delete all the apps that you want, there is now a "done" button that appears in the upper right top (since of course, there is no home button to tap ;))...

Here is the multitasking screen with red minus signs in upper left corner of apps...longpress to get those then just swipe up to dismiss...View attachment 37242
All the videos I saw they mentioned hit the minus so great to hear on the long press and swipe..

Awesome keep it coming[emoji2]

@smalltowngirl13 mentioned AssistiveTouch in one of her previous posts..

Here's a good set up..

Assistive Touch is awesome and very customizable... You can use it to set up screen shots, to restart your device or to just lock the screen. Many, many uses - this feature was one that helped in my transition from Android lol...