What's new

iphone updating problem

amir16david

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an iphone 4s that had ios 5.0.1 installed, 2 days ago i have tried to update it from the device, to ios 6.1.3, after a few minutes, i noticed that there's a "connect to itunes" screen (recovery mode). I tried to connect it to my pc but it couldn't recognize it, so i tried to replace the cable, change the port, re install itunes, restart the apple mobile device service and so on, but nothing did not helped me. When i looked in the device management in my pc, i noticed that the usb is called "Unknown device", so i entered into the device properties, and it wrote error code 43, Then, i changed it manually to the "apple mobile device" driver that comes with itunes, and the error code changed to - 10, and the pc still couldn't recognize it.

Please help me i'm stuck.

I would say iOS 6.1.3 has stopped signing at the time that you've tried to restore your device. The only iOS that you can restore to is iOS 7 at this point. Put your device into DFU mode, and restore. In cases like these, I recommend using iTUnes 11.0.5 rather than iTunes 11.1, as you will less likely receive a weird error while restoring on 11.0.5 compared to 11.1

What issues are you getting. And provide the steps you've taken

In the middle of the iphone update from the updating notification, it showed a recovery mode screen (connect to itunes), so i tried to connect the iphone to the pc but it couldn't recognize it, so i entered to the device managment in my pc and i noticed that it called- "unkown device" with error code 43, so i chose the update from a specific location, and chose the apple mobile device driver, and the code immediately was changed to- 10. I also tried to put it in DFU mode and use 4 other computers, with new and old itunes installed, to re install itunes, to restart pc, to restart the usb ports, tried to replace the cable and the position of the port, tried discharging the voltage of the computer, to restart the apple mobile device service. I also tried and different iphone on my pc and after a several of minutes it worked. My iphone is still stuck on the recovery mode screen.

If your device is getting itself out of DFU mode and it's a complete loop of it, then I'd bank on a hardware problem. Might want to reset the device's NAND by removing the battery for a little bit and reassembling and retrying

If your device is getting itself out of DFU mode and it's a complete loop of it, then I'd bank on a hardware problem. Might want to reset the device's NAND by removing the battery for a little bit and reassembling and retrying
So are you saying I need to disassemble the battery for a while and then return it?

Yup. That would reset the NAND. It's only a proposition for a solution, I can't guarantee that it's the solution. But at this point of the game, it's better than nothing.