What's new

iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners

If I have an iPhone 4S v6.0.1 on AT&T can I unlock it? I know I can't "jailbreak it" yet, but can it still be unlocked?

No, you cannot share unlock tickets. Factory Unlocked means that the device was unlocked at the factory, so anyone who claims they can perform a factory unlock is lying. The only way for AT&T iPhones to become officially unlocked is to call AT&T and ask them to unlock the phone if the device is off contract.

i agree with kayshow, there are so many technicians that claimed that they can factory unlock my iphone 4s, for an overpriced amount of $167 / 7000php. is this possible? and its not possible for me to contact the carrier that my iphone 4s where bought. any other way to factory unlock my ip4s?

iphone 4s, canada, telus carrier.

If I have an iPhone 4S v6.0.1 on AT&T can I unlock it? I know I can't "jailbreak it" yet, but can it still be unlocked?
Hit up eBay... IEMI unlocks are available. That's all the information we can provide. How it works, who does it, how much they cost... all that information will not be discussed here per our Forum Rules.

Hit up eBay... IEMI unlocks are available. That's all the information we can provide. How it works, who does it, how much they cost... all that information will not be discussed here per our Forum Rules.

Only recommended for GSM. Trying to unlock a CDMA phone will blow a hole in your wallet @.@

Make sure you buy it from a highly rated seller with a large amount of feedback. They shouldn't exceed $10 really. The instructions should be there in the item description of what you should do to unlock your phone.

Last edited:
I believe I read somewhere on this Forum that AT&T will not unlock a phone even if the contract has been fulfilled. Is this true?

I believe I read somewhere on this Forum that AT&T will not unlock a phone even if the contract has been fulfilled. Is this true?
AT&T will unlock an iPhone from their service if you meet the eligibility requirements. You need to be out of contract & the owner of the AT&T plan.

Thank yu so much for your answers which were very helpful. I hate to go back to basics but for me seems necessary. Am I downloading the software to my laptop or direct to the phone? Where do I find the software?

Okay, I can figure out that I need the ultasnow but the the jailbreak other software that needs to be done first?

There are so many different software packages for this that it is ard to know which to use.

Downloading software for an unlock... depends on what iPhone you have. If you're having AT&T unlock it, you'll get a notification from them, then restore via iTunes. An IEMI unlock you pay for somewhere else works the same.

Okay, I can figure out that I need the ultasnow but the the jailbreak other software that needs to be done first?

What model iPhone do you have? ultrasn0w only works on an early made iPhone 4... and early made 3GS'. Other than that... there's quite a bit more than just installing ultrasn0w.

I found my way to jailbreakme.com and the first message I get is "Welp. Version is to new You needto downgrade to 4.0.1/3.2.1 or earlier (which may be impossible, explantion) beore you can use this site. I think I may need some translation on this.

Thank you for your help. I have a 3G phone that my daughter gave to me when she upgraded. She has now switched off of At&t since her contract ended. I want to use the phone with Straighttalk so I don't have to sign a contract. Thank you again. Mden Firmware on the phone is 05.13.04