What's new

iPhone under water for a whole night!

snikster

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As you can see I'm new here. It's not for nothing that I registered... No, I'm an absolute idiot. Last night my phone dropped into a bucket of water while I was sleeping and had been in there until I woke up the next morning obviously. It was off so I will leave it off for a couple of days, but does anyone know if it will still work after that. I'm scared I'm gonna have to pay another €800 ($1132 USD) because that's how much they cost here in Holland...

Hopefully someone knows more about this! I'm desperate for answers..

Great introduction, right :)? Sorry, I'll tell a little bit about myself. I'm a Dutch girl who grew up in Australia. I love travelling and getting around. Snowboarding is a big hobby of mine. I also used to be a snowboard instructor... Loved it, but my job is pretty time consuming so I had to quit. Uh... What else is there to say? That's enough I guess..

Cheers!!
Nikki

Try putting it in a container full with rice cover and seal container leave the iPhone completely for a week or try after 4 days plug in power do reset home button plus on off key till white apple logo come on and release try 3 times if no response jump off bridge as phone dead

Oh sorry welcome to our forums

Last edited:
they wont charge you another 800 euros they will charge you around 200 euros for a replacement... how did you manage to drop it in a buck in your sleep? you sleep next to a bucket of full water?:S

Welcome to the forum. Have you try puting the phone in a bag of rice? I read some where on google that rice help sucking out the water, google about that or check it out on youtube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Snik... please let us know about the phone after you let it "dry" for several days. Very curious if it will be OK.

there are so many ways to dry it.. the rice thing that takes a long time.. putting it in and out of the fridge for 20 minutes at a time.. under a lamp... on top of the heater, a blow drier