What's new

iPhone to iPad

azonie

Reaction score
I am going to get iPad as soon as iPad3 comes out.
Couple of questions
1. Will all apps now on iPhone copy over to iPad. I now sync with iCloud.
2. Assume pictures taken on either will go to both.
3. Is there a way to delete from one without deleting from other?

Couple of questions

1.) depending on the app, if the app is made for both iPhone and iPad then you can have it on both device, as for iCloud, it's not all apps which are using iCloud to backup files, you can always use iTunes to sync your files to your iPad.
2.) yes as far as you have iCloud setup and photo stream ON in both device.
3.) if you are referring to photos, yes you can delete photos from one device without affecting the second device.

I can't sync photos from iPhone to iPad. What shall I do?

I was wondering this too glad somebody asked this. Also quick question for anybody that knows will saved data on say temple run saved on my iphone save also onto my ipad?

There are a number of 3d party apps that let you transfer photos between the two. One that comes immediately to mind is Bump (free). Also, a lot of the photo apps let you move pictures back and forth, and some file management apps (such as Goodreader and iFiles) also enable you to move photos around. Oh, and you could also e-mail the photos or use a cloud service such as Dropbox.

And no, saved game data will not show up on the other device. They are two separate apps - you have to play them and advance levels solely on that iDevice ... no switching.

There are some cloud-based games, such as Words With Friends, that allow you to log into your account on either device and play. But, they are pretty rare. Most apps are device-specific standalones.

Marilyn

I thought if you turn on photo stream they would automatically go to both?!

Yeah, I forgot about that. I don't have Photostream turned on, nor do I use iCloud. So, yeah, you can use Photostream. Although, if I remember correctly, you can't individually delete photos from the stream.

Marilyn

azonie said:
Couple of questions

Why don't you check out the iPad forum.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update From NYC iPF.net

lilygoo said:
I can't sync photos from iPhone to iPad. What shall I do?

Yes you can using the photo streaming option. Must have iOS 5 on both.

If I delete photo from one how do I avoid deleting from the other?

To make a backup on your computer,then you can delete from one but not need to serious about wiping another one.

But if you delete from one won't it come back next iCloud backup!