What's new

Iphone text keep failing

Domino3k

Reaction score
Ever since IOS 5 my texts always seem to fail & I usually have to resend multiple times is this happening to anyone else ?

I have to use my wifi more since update,also had this problem

Are you using the new 4S or a different device for IOS5? I have the 4S and have no issues at all sending out text, you might have a glitch somewhere during the DL if you are running it on an older device. You might want to do a reset first and see if it helps and if not you will probably have to re-download the firmware again and hope it fix's your issue.

It's the iPhone 4 and I'll try restoring it

I occasionally have a failed text message send, but only if I use SIRI (or whatever the voice dictation is in text messages.) I have the 4s.

If I type the message in, it's fine, but about 20-30% of the time when using dictation, it will fail. When I say fail, I mean when I hit send, the phone jumps immediately to the main screen without any warning. Acts as if I never even initiated the text message.

Haven't talked to anyone at Apple yet about this, as it is nothing more than an annoyance yet.

I believe it has something to do with Siri, since it only happens when using the voice commands.

(if this is the only problem this phone ever has, it's light years ahead of my (formerly beloved) Droid)